Legal lease to Purchase - Posted by D. Gibbs

Posted by Nate(DC) on October 09, 2003 at 18:47:06:

Who is in charge here? It sounds like you are letting this tenant walk all over you. It doesn’t matter if they WANT to do those things. What matters is, did they sign a written agreement where they said they would do those things? I am assuming they did. Now it is up to you to act like the owner and enforce the agreement. Why did you let them have the keys 11 days early?

It sounds like what is needed is for you to put your foot down.

NT

Legal lease to Purchase - Posted by D. Gibbs

Posted by D. Gibbs on October 09, 2003 at 12:23:48:

I have a lease to purchase signed by both parties. In a letter from tenant, tenant writes “…this is why our lease agreement was prepared by an attorney licensed in the Commonwealth of Virginia…” when in fact she (the tenant) prepared the final lease. What legal actions does the owner have?

Thanks

Re: Legal lease to Purchase - Posted by Nate(DC)

Posted by Nate(DC) on October 09, 2003 at 15:42:43:

Are you the owner?

What are you trying to accomplish??

NT

Re: Legal lease to Purchase - Posted by G. Gibbs

Posted by G. Gibbs on October 09, 2003 at 15:49:05:

Yes, we are having problems with this tenant, not wanting to pay for propane in tank upon move in, took posession of keys 11 days early and not wanting to pay pro-rated rent and tenant going to her boss and her boss contacting my boss about any moneis owed he would write a check to us. I just don’t think this is legal (to involve outside parties, especially to suggest giving us “hush money”)
thanks