Legal Notices - Posted by Jamie

Posted by Jamie on August 15, 2003 at 24:55:15:

The home is still in a park but the people have past away and the family does not want to deal with the home. The bid I am working on now is from a deceased woman who never established a will. I guess the woman spent a lot of time with the Campfire Girls organization and they are fighting for the proceeds of the bid. With all do respect for the woman, it seems a little comical. It does not sound like too many people have made this type of bid based on the number of responses I have received.

I would enjoy hearing about your bids with land because the disclosure laws might be similar. I am located in Oregon by the way. Jamie

Legal Notices - Posted by Jamie

Posted by Jamie on August 13, 2003 at 20:57:43:

Has anyone bid on those legal notices you see in the paper? I have made one bid and it felt like I was getting the run around. I was unable to find out who was bidding what or what the final bid price was. The manager said I was second in line but after the deadline for the first bidder to make a purchase expired she bumped me to third in line. She also gave me the don’t call me, I’ll call you line. Is it legal to keep the information so secretive? It does not seem fair. Park managers sure have the upper hand.

I am making another bid in another park this week so I hope it goes more smoothly. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks, Jamie

Re: Legal Notices - Posted by Jamie

Posted by Jamie on August 15, 2003 at 12:57:34:

Jamie,
I have to ask, why are you doing this? Why not go out and talk to owners who need to get rid of their property instead of getting into a bidding war. You have no control over this transaction.
Lyal

Re: Legal Notices - Posted by Tarheel T

Posted by Tarheel T on August 14, 2003 at 21:39:29:

Jamie, are you speaking of legal notices where there is land involved and a foreclosing deed of trust/mortgage? If so I can tell you how the game is played here in NC.

If not I would be interested to know just what type of sale you are referring to.

What is the state?

Tracy