LeGrand vs. Sheets vs. Allen, etc... - Posted by MGT

Posted by Linda Simms on August 04, 2003 at 19:22:24:

Thanks PJ.

LeGrand vs. Sheets vs. Allen, etc… - Posted by MGT

Posted by MGT on July 17, 2003 at 09:39:14:

OK. I have decided to purchase a package from one of the"gurus". Carlton users seem to have a lot of postings on this site. However, in a word, who translates the art of real estate investing most concisely and intuitively?

Re: LeGrand vs. Sheets vs. Allen, etc… - Posted by Linda Simms

Posted by Linda Simms on July 17, 2003 at 11:56:10:

Answer in one word. “Creonline” this site. However if you think you just got to have an expensive course, “concisely and intuitively” its Ron Legrand, but be ready to pay through the nose for it. You would probably be better off, getting all the info you can on this site and use your money to finance the first deal.

Re: LeGrand vs. Sheets vs. Allen, etc… - Posted by Mark Cooper

Posted by Mark Cooper on July 17, 2003 at 15:11:50:

I have been doing alot of research in this area on the
web and heres a site you should really read. This guy comes across as a very straight and up front guy. He also has some interesting insights into all these so called gurus.

Posted by Linda Simms on July 26, 2003 at 06:25:18:

Thank you JD, but it’s Linda, not Laura.

Re: LeGrand vs. Sheets vs. Allen, etc… - Posted by Dell-Ohio

Posted by Dell-Ohio on July 20, 2003 at 21:13:20:

If I had read John T Reed instead of Robert Allen I suspect my life would be VERY different today.

Spend a couple hours on Reeds site you become so depressed you feel like sticking your head under water and taking a deep breath.

When you read Allen its a different story. I read Robert Allens “The Challenge” twenty years ago, I was so excited I could hardly sleep. The day after I read it I went out and made my first ever real estate deal. I then read his other books and signed up for a $3,200 boot camp in Chicago. The best $3,200 I ever spend.

I bought and sold a few properties during the next twenty years while growing my “real business”. In Jan of this year I started doing real estate full time, purchased twelve properties since then. I credit Robert Allen with opening my mind to the possibilities and providing some basic strategies to do the business. This is a lot of fun and VERY profitable.

Oh by the way John T Reed couldnt make it in real estate, lost all his properties years ago. Now he spends his time lambasting others who are making positive contributions to the world.

One thing to remember, if you want to know how to do something, look for someone who is DOING IT and learn for them.

MY Viewpoint

Dell-Ohio

Posted by Linda Simms on July 17, 2003 at 17:11:29:

Take anyone’s site with a grain of salt. Reed is no exception. He is straight forward, maybe too much so, but he calls them as he sees them. He is quite worthwhile to get his opinion on any Guru, but use your own judgement. The only true Guru is yourself, because in this business you will ultilmately know what is right for you. Pick an area of R.E. that you think you might be interested in rentals, flipping, fixer uppers etc and then get all the free info you can on that area. Then decide if you need any course or extra help. If you go at it this way you will save yourself a lot of money and be able to determine what if any is right for you.

Re: LeGrand vs. Sheets vs. Allen, etc… - Posted by Willie

Posted by Willie on July 27, 2003 at 07:37:58:

Dell. Very positive and admirable viewpoint. Perhaps not too realistic, but what works for some may not work for others. You are a little overbearing on John T Reed. He provides a very valuable service, whether you agree with everything he says or not. He may not always be right or he may not put it in sugar coated terms, but you will have to admit he calls them as he sees them. Like anything else in this business all of us as investors owe it to ourselves to gain as much knowledge as possible and weed out the good from the bad and determine which we choose to believe. Reed is the only place I know of that provides this service on almost any so called Guru in the business, both good and bad. It is up to you to filter it. We will all find as we go along that life is not all roses and there are many charlatans in this business like in any other. If we take the attitude that all of them are just trying to help the investor out and give him a positive attitude to succeed, we fall into the bad one’s traps who are just trying to help us out of our money and give us a positive attitude to buy their junk. Get all the knowledge you can. Ask questions, read sites, join investment clubs etc. so we can make informmed decisions. Yes, even be sure to see what Reed says and decide for yourself what to believe.

Re: LeGrand vs. Sheets vs. Allen, etc… - Posted by JD

Posted by JD on July 17, 2003 at 17:48:11:

And this last post is an excellent example of WHY Creonline is so good. Thank YOU, Laura! Excellent advice.

Re: LeGrand vs. Sheets vs. Allen, etc… - Posted by Domonic investor

Posted by Domonic investor on July 29, 2003 at 01:19:12:

I read an article of Reed’s and i was very disturbed by the way he went about breaking down Sheet’s course and his backround. When he asked Sheets about where he found a bank to get fianancing for one of his techniques, Sheets according to Reed had said he made no comment. Of course he made no comment. Come on. Ask yourself this question if you had all those banks that would lend you a mortgage like that would you tell anyone? The answer is No. Deals like that just dont happen, you make them happen. I believe Sheets has delt with a plethera of banks that view him as a good credit risk. He has in fact bought and sold more than 20 million dollars worth of income producing real estate. Reed how much income producing real estate have you bought within your investment career? The way i see it is the negativity from your article is not the kind of material to be consumed by myself or other investors. But we all have our freedom of speech so i have no say in whether you should continue writing negative articles about successful investors.

Posted by JD on August 03, 2003 at 20:34:26:

Geez, even while attempting to poke fun at myself, I still screwed it up! Man … sorry, Linda.

Posted by Linda Simms on August 03, 2003 at 08:19:12:

Thank you JD, but it is Linda, not Laura.

Re: LeGrand vs. Sheets vs. Allen, etc… - Posted by Willie

Posted by Willie on August 07, 2003 at 12:12:00:

Isn’t it more likely that Sheets has no idea where to find one and never has done so? If he had, he would have not reason not to tell, as it would bolster his case for doing it his way. Reed is cut throat and gets right to the jugler. Whether Sheets proposed methods work or not may or may not matter. His course is good for the beginner, as it gives a BASIC knowledge of R. E. investing. Buy it on E-bay or from one of the thousands who purchased it, and did not have the heart to open it or use it. Don’t blame Reed, you are shooting the messenger who it appears is honestly trying to give the newbie something to go on to make a decision. Its up to the individual to use the information Reed gives and use it, or not use it, or to believe it or not believe it!

Posted by JD on August 03, 2003 at 20:30:07:

My apologies, if I could think of a good excuse as to why I said “Linda” when your name was clearly attached to the post, I’d give you one. But I can’t, so I won’t. It WAS a good post though, Lucy … er, ah, Laura.