Leland von Syring - Posted by Brian Carter

Posted by Brian Carter on July 22, 2011 at 16:13:32:

I never paid the $195 for my membership. It’s kind of confusing because I’m not sure if I ever got everything the $195 membership offered, but there was another option that I don’t think they advertise. It was a subscription service. I paid $20 per month and still had access to all the back office information. And when I stopped trying to do deals, I asked them to stop billing my card and they did.

So far I’ve never had any problems with them. They’ve always been pretty quick to respond to my emails or calls. I would say this, this business is a numbers game. I spoke with quite a few people before I got one even close and then they backed out last minute.

Marketing is absolutely one of the most important keys to this business.

Good Luck.
Thanks.
Brian Carter

Leland von Syring - Posted by Brian Carter

Posted by Brian Carter on July 24, 2008 at 12:35:12:

Has anyone heard of Leland von Syring?

I saw an ad in the Entrepreur Magazine about a Note Brokering business. Some of you may have heard of it. www.BrokerOpp.com Anyway, I have seen this ad before and I was wondering if anyone here knows about this guy.

I haven’t found any bad articles on him or his company yet. (Charter Financial) However, there is something that concerns me. I just found another Note Brokering site and he is the guy promoting it too. (www.thecashflowinstitute.com)

This concerns me because he has the 3 sites now, and unless he is really just trying to corner the note market and make money from every angle… I am wondering the need for 3 sites instead of just focusing on one side of the business.

Charternotes.com (this is where he buys notes)
BrokerOpp.com (shows you how to become a note broker)
thecashflowinstitute.com (online training university)

Sorry this post is so long I am just really curious about this guy. I would really like to venture into the Note industry and was considering this as a way to start.

Anyone have any info on this guy or any other note industry advice.

Thanks in advance for your time.
Brian Carter

Re: Leland von Syring - Posted by Eric Hofeld

Posted by Eric Hofeld on December 14, 2010 at 17:53:20:

I sent $199.0 and received no reply , this is ending up in Leland Von Syring company, charter Financial, www.charternotes.com

Re: Leland von Syring - Posted by BJK

Posted by BJK on October 20, 2010 at 13:28:56:

Has anyone actually made any money brokering notes from Charter Financial?

Re: Leland von Syring - Posted by William S SMith

Posted by William S SMith on November 02, 2009 at 11:31:19:

I have beeb working on paying the investment. I feel that this is a n excellent opportunity>

Re: Leland von Syring - Posted by yolanda washington

Posted by yolanda washington on October 23, 2009 at 10:40:21:

Hello, I purchased the course years ago and did not actively do anything with it. I am looking at joining again but i just want to make sure its right. I have gotten scammed in various things before. If anyone has actually worked with his program, please let me know. I dont care about the information because that is what makes money anyway…I am willing to learn, so i dont mind paying for that…just want to speak to someone that has gone through the courses and implemented it. thanks

Charter… or Charlatan’s…? - Posted by Michael Morrongiello

Posted by Michael Morrongiello on July 24, 2008 at 17:34:08:

Brian:
I do not know personally this individual but know of the courses they sell promising you to become a note broker. I too would be worried about an outfit which is promoting an educational program on multiple sites and really wondering if they are truly IN the business Vs the business of selling tapes, courses, and other promotional materials.

Best to your success;
Michael Morrongiello
Paper Practioner
www.sunvestinc.com
Author of the following home study courses;

Paper Into Cash - The Convertible Currency - How to Effectively Create Marketable Real Estate Notes
&
The Unity of Real Estate & “Paper” - Advanced techniques for both the acquisition and disposition of properties using Real Estate “paper”

Re: Leland von Syring - Posted by Brian Carter

Posted by Brian Carter on December 15, 2010 at 17:23:15:

Eric,
Sorry if I’m misunderstanding you, however, I don’t see a question in this post.

I’m not really sure how big this company is; I know they have an office in Houston, TX. and they’ve always answered when I’ve had questions.

I’m not sure how long you’ve waited for their response either, but give it another day and send them another email, if still no response, give them another call. I’m sure they’ll eventually answer. It may be a busy time of the season for them as well.

Studies have shown that most people invest in business opportunities during the end of the year and the beginning of the year more than any other time because of New Years Resolutions. (Trying to make a difference in their lives.)

I don’t know where you are located, but I guess if worst comes to worst you could just show up at their office one day and ask what is going on. : ) (I would make this a last resort though)

I’m not sure if that helps, but I hope you and your family have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Thanks.
Brian Carter

Posted by Brian Carter on October 20, 2010 at 16:56:34:

BJK,
I currently have not, however, I had several deals get very close. Paperwork was sent back and forth, but the deals fell through either because of credit issues or seller had already sold the note to another broker.

This business is simple, however, it is not easy. I think hard work and something that sets you apart from the other brokers out there can do well in this busiess. Personal service is more than likely a must. There are a ton of investors with money to invest and there are a ton of brokers trying to get that money, so if you don’t have something above and beyond the other brokers… its too easy these days to just get a quote from another broker and if there is more than yours… guess who they are going to select.

Don’t get greedy with your commission and give them some reason to use you.

I hope this helps.
Brian Carter
info@winwininvestments.com
www.winwininvestments.com

Posted by Brian Carter on November 03, 2009 at 18:25:43:

William,

Not sure I understand what you mean by paying the investment?

I have joined the Cash Flow Institute since I originally posted the question on CREonline.

I like the company as well. Thanks for the update.

Brian Carter

Re: Leland von Syring - Posted by Mike Greenwood

Posted by Mike Greenwood on December 10, 2009 at 18:41:49:

I have been working with Charter Financial for several years now. They have always been very professional and very supportive.

I originally signed up with Russ Dalbey but quickly realized they were a scam. They called me every week trying to get me to spend $4,000 on a training seminar.

Charter Financial has never done this, they make their money buying notes. They are the real deal.

Posted by Brian Carter on November 03, 2009 at 18:22:22:

Yolanda,
I’m a member of the Cash Flow Institute and found the information very informative. I wouldn’t call myself a very good testimonial though because I haven’t closed any deals yet.

They have always been very responsive to my requests and have replied with offers when submitted and explained why other submission would not be bid on.

Overall I would say it’s a great company to deal with, I just wish I had more time to put the plan in action.

Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

Thanks.
Brian Carter

I know Leland and I wouldn’t recommend him. - Posted by anonymous

Posted by anonymous on February 17, 2009 at 10:51:27:

I worked with him on a project a few years ago, though I’d prefer not to reveal which one (to spare myself any embarrassment).

I can tell you that after several months of correspondence it was evident that this man had no clue about business or smart investment. He is only interested in building more websites to promote himself and his fractured ideas.

After speaking with him the first time, it was obvious that he is, to be frank, not as intelligent as he seems to believe. Nor very intelligent at all. That is not said to be catty, but is meant merely as a truthful statement.

He has no structured business plans, no follow-through, and no credibility.

I would not trust him with your money or your time.

Thank you.

Re: Charter… or Charlatan’s…? - Posted by Brian Carter

Posted by Brian Carter on July 25, 2008 at 07:56:03:

Michael,
Thanks for the comments. The company name is Charter Financial, I am not sure what Charlatan’s is. I see from your website that you or your company purchases notes, or you a broker too. Either way, when I get started in this business, I will keep your contact info.
Thanks again.
Brian Carter

Joel Cassway’s team - Posted by wiechert

Posted by wiechert on July 24, 2008 at 18:59:39:

These people promote and sell all of joel Cassway’s material. I have not taken their courses or bought anything from them but I know they’re strong partners with Mr. Cassway.

Re: Leland von Syring - Posted by Yolanda

Posted by Yolanda on December 10, 2009 at 20:49:40:

oh ok, Mike Greenwood…Do you think its a good business venture right now especially because of the housing situation. Do you thinks the note buying is valid now? Are you working full time or part time?

Re: Leland von Syring - Posted by C. Goldston

Posted by C. Goldston on June 03, 2010 at 17:20:57:

Brian,
It has been several months since your comment on Leland von Syring’s program. I was wondering how it is working for you now. Have you successfully closed a deal yet?. I have been researching his program and the program offered by Intelibiz.com. I too have been scamed in the past and am seeking a “legitimate” Biz Opportunity.

Thanks,
C. Goldston

Re: Joel Cassway’s team - Posted by Michael Morrongiello

Posted by Michael Morrongiello on July 24, 2008 at 20:18:58:

Do you have anything to add about Charter or the person mentioned?

Posted by Brian Carter on June 06, 2010 at 22:09:46:

C. Goldston,

Unfortunately I’m no longer a member of CFI, however, it’s not because of anything thing they did.

I was just unable to devote the time to the business that is required to make it successful. My website is still up and running and I get a few inquiries about note purchases every now and then and CFI has always been more than helpful in answering questions and still trying to do the deal even though I’m not a member any longer.

In my opinion, that makes them a pretty stand up company… if you ask me.

I haven’t successfully closed any deals yet, but I don’t want that to be a reason for you not to join CFI. I think they’re the real deal… as I mentioned in my last post, I just wish I had the time to devote to a business like this.

I’m very active in my kids after school programs and that pretty much consumes any extra time that I may have. I’ve been trying to make this business work completely online and that I feel is easier said than done.

While I believe a website is a useful marketing tool; if you’re not willing to pound the pavement, do some advertising, drum up some business and tell everyone you know about the business you’re in… you’ll end up just like me… sitting here writing posts online about how you wish you could make this business work.

So to make a long story short and to answer your questions.

1.) It hasn’t been working well for me because I haven’t devoted to time to make it work.

2.) I haven’t completed any deals yet because in my mind I don’t have the time to make this business work.

3.) I believe that CFI is a legitimate opportunity, if you have the time to make it work.

4.) I don’t know anything about Intelibiz.com

As you can see TIME is a very big issue… no matter what your social or economic status is, TIME is the one thing we’ve all been given an equal amount of each day. How you utilize that time can make all the difference in the world.

I wish I could be more help and as always, please let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

Thanks.
Brian Carter

Re: Leland von Syring - Posted by mathemagician

Posted by mathemagician on July 05, 2011 at 09:28:39:

Brian,

You mentioned that you were no longer a member of CFI. Does that
mean that there are more fees that must be paid to stay an active
member. Is the $195 initial investment all that is required to
continue working the business? What does it take to remain a
member with Charter. I would love to hear any updates that youay
have for me, as I am considering purchasing this business but am
very Leary about being scammed. Thanks.