LendingTree.com - Posted by Shawn MM

Posted by Donna on February 02, 2002 at 16:26:08:

LendingTree.com is a marketing firm to which national lenders subcribe to get their “leads”. Lending.Tree is not a lender. Everyone must remember money is a commodity and rates change for worse or better, sometimes hourly.

LendingTree.com - Posted by Shawn MM

Posted by Shawn MM on January 31, 2002 at 15:53:45:

Has anyone ever dealt with LendingTree.com? Or maybe know of someone who has? I’m looking to refi my 1st and 2nd into one mortgage, and thought I’d give them a shot.

Thanks,
Shawn MM

Re: LendingTree.com - Posted by Carey_PA

Posted by Carey_PA on January 31, 2002 at 23:10:08:

I got a little line of credit through them.

CAREY

Re: LendingTree.com - Posted by Rob-IN

Posted by Rob-IN on January 31, 2002 at 19:50:11:

Shawn,

I recently used LendingTree.com to purchase investment property and was very disappointed. The lender they hooked me up with (Freedom Mortgage Corp out of NJ) was incompetent, slow and very deceitful. The terms and rates I was quoted by this company were totally different than what I was presented at closing (interest rate 1% higher and 15 year instead of 30). Unfortunately, LendingTree takes no responsibility for the lenders they use nor hold the lenders accountable to the low-ball rates they submit to attract your business. They (LendingTree) do send e-mails frequently (every month) until closing, asking if you are having any problems, however when you answer requesting help they are not willing (or more likely unable) to obtain any relief for the customer.

I would suggest using a local company, getting everything in writing (although I had a signed rate lock document that didn?t stop a rate increase!) and meet the person handling the loan processor. At least you can beat on their door when the terms and fees start changing.