Let's get real.... - Posted by Johnnie (FL)

Re: Jp, you misunderstand . - Posted by jp

Posted by jp on October 14, 2003 at 13:05:30:

I have not travelled all over the world…yet!
I cannot sleep in every morning…yet!
I’m still young and I’ll get there eventually.

Your’s is a noble goal…feeding all those millions. My desire for riches stems from a desire to be set free from the rat race (Kiyosaki) and some good old fashion selfish greed. When you peel enough layers away from folks, everyone is fundamentally motivated by selfishness. You want to help all those unfortunate people, which is wonderful, but you do it so that people will read about what a great person you were.

“I want to leave a mark on this world that will be remembered a 100 years after I’m gone.”

I think there is nothing wrong with greed or selfishness. Fairy tales speak of a destitute person giving their only penny in a tithe while a wealthy person might only give a small percentage. And then the wealthy person is touted as the lesser of the two. But who gives the most to charities in this country? Who really helps the most people? It is the rich by a huge margin. Sorry, I went off on a tangent.

I did not mean to imply that a materialistic lifestyle is good. I agree with you wholeheartedly that the best things in life are free. All I’m saying is that people don’t have to go to such extremes to reach their goals. And they certainly don’t need to go to such extremes after they’ve reached their goal. What if you saved up all the time you spend on being frugal and dedicate that time to doing more mobile home deals. At the very least, you could equal all the money you saved elsewhere. And to top it all off, you could shop at a grocery store and drive a reasonable car (not new and flashy) and live in a normal house.

I also did not mean to imply that you are unfortunate or deprived. Afterall, if living that way makes you happy then you aren’t deprived of anything. The original poster said he spends 1900 per month on expenses. That’s a little high at most. Considering he has a wife and 3 kids, I’d say he’s doing pretty well. Once his expenses are managable, I think he should dedicate himself to learning and investing, not dumpster diving for food scraps because he is too cheap to buy groceries.

Another tale for the bored housewives! - Posted by ScottS(NC)

Posted by ScottS(NC) on October 14, 2003 at 14:34:59:

C’mon Doc,

Jp nailed it, the time it takes to siphon Gas and lug grocerys to europe and pick up hitchhikers for there meal ticket is hardly worth a current Millionaire/future Billionaires efforts is it? I respect simple living but this is ANAL in the extreme! I think Geraldo is back on the Air! Doc loves controversy and to get the bored housewives stirred up(his words from a previous post). This I believe is nothing more than another episode of Geraldo. Take Care ScottS(NC)