letter of intent.... - Posted by lisa

Posted by Lisa on May 19, 2000 at 15:11:56:

Hi,
Thanks for asking…Well, this is what happened… In Dallas they have about 8 different eviction offices and they don’t have one main office where I can get all the eviction records. So, the first one I went to the one that said no was not the only place I could get them… I went downtown and told them that I worked for a property management company and they let me use the computer, but I could only do a name search…Not helpful at all…Then I went to another office in N.Dallas and they let me see the files for the past month that were filed there. Well, there was only about 10…and half were from apts…I only got two good names… I’ll probably go back to that office again…I also called about 60 classified ads and left messages and I got one response today, but I kinda nervous about calling her back… I feel like that i’m not quite ready to do this yet…

Lisa

letter of intent… - Posted by lisa

Posted by lisa on May 18, 2000 at 16:35:22:

I’m planning on sending a letter of intent to realtors and sellers. What should I put in this letter?? Does anyone have a sample letter?? I’m trying to do L/O…

Thanks…:slight_smile:

I tried this for a while - Posted by Anne-ND

Posted by Anne-ND on May 22, 2000 at 17:29:46:

Hi Lisa,
I used letters of intent for a while when I first got into REI. They tended to turn off realtors, and because of that, also turned off sellers. I still will pop one out of my computer every now and again, but I find it’s better to go through the process of submitting a contract, IF the house is listed on the MLS. I now have a realtor who will figure out for me how flexible the seller is if I need to go that route.

If you’re still interested, in my letters I just say: I saw the property at 123 Main St., I would like to purchase it in one of three ways; make my different offers (usually one is a L/O) and then ask them to contact me through their realtor, although I do include my home phone.

As I say, this hasn’t been successful for me here, but I’m sure it depends on the area. One thing I’ll say for this method: it was a GREAT help in getting me to sit down and figure out the numbers, and I felt safer doing it that way my first few times. Once I had made about 10 offers by letter of intent I was ready to go out and sign a contract or two.

Good luck!

Anne

re: BTW how did the evictions office go? - Posted by Brian_CA

Posted by Brian_CA on May 19, 2000 at 12:26:14:

Lisa,

I am not sure if you are the same Lisa who posted about the evictions office but if you are, what was the result? Did you get in?

Brian_CA

Re: letter of intent… - Posted by LeonNC

Posted by LeonNC on May 19, 2000 at 24:05:54:

Lisa,

I’m not sure of the purpose of your letter of intent. Of all the courses I have not one has mentioned a letter of intent when doing lease options. Maybe you know something that I don’t but…I would suggest that you take your time to learn how to do lease options BEFORE you jump in and try to do them. Although they may seem simple there is much to learn. Get some courses, study them, then DO lease options.

LeonNC