Letter or postcard? - Posted by Augie (So. CA)

Posted by BillW. on November 19, 2000 at 11:10:10:

In my experience, both produce results. If you look in the how-to section you’ll see examples and lots of commentary on the advantages of both. I believe the main thing, however, is to do something and send something. Some people are torn by indecision and wind up doing nothing. You might try a test. Send some postcards and some letters and see for yourself which works better for you. The main thing is -keep trying and keep improving your methods.
Good luck-- Bill W.

Letter or postcard? - Posted by Augie (So. CA)

Posted by Augie (So. CA) on November 19, 2000 at 01:57:36:

Question from a newbie:
I’ve read posts of people sending out postcards to try to find motivated sellers. But, I’ve also found posts which indicate to hand-write the envelope so that the potential buyer would open it. I would think that a postcard is much easier to toss into the recycling bin than a letter in an envelope which they have to open. I’ve been sending out letters with hand-written addresses and was wondering if the postcard would be better. Postage would certainly be cheaper. Which do you guys, the experts, find to be more effective?

Thanks in advance for your opinions.

Augie

Re: Letter or postcard? - Posted by TC

Posted by TC on November 20, 2000 at 19:29:29:

In Joe Kaiser’s Abandoned Property course,He recommends not only sending out one letter but about 4-5 with the mailings spaced about 1-2 weeks.His letters work very well.My first mailing I am in the process of buying three rehabs.

I bought my first rehab thru a single post card mailing,and my second thru a letter.So to say which is better would be hard.I think that alot depends on timing,repetition and the person you are mailing to.

Persistace Pays!

TC