Letterhead for foreclosures - Posted by Joseph Madera

Posted by Bob Eberle on October 31, 2000 at 15:21:57:

First thing to remember it’s not always what you send them but when they receive it. Not motivated today and they get your mail it goes in the trash, motivated tomorrow and if they had received it then they might have called. Get it?

Second, don’t use company letterhead. Most people may not want to deal with the “big company”.

Third, postcards don’t have to be opened. Letters do.

Fourth, don’t beat them over the head with their foreclosure. Send them an I Buy Houses postcard. Send it more than once. Maybe send them an I Buy Houses biz card that has a magnetic backing so they can put it on the refrigerator.

But that’s just my opinion.

Letterhead for foreclosures - Posted by Joseph Madera

Posted by Joseph Madera on October 31, 2000 at 09:38:45:

Does anyone out there have a form letter that I can send out to people in foreclosure that has been successful? I live in the Miami area and tried out other letters of my own invention which have been worthless.I haven’t even gotten one response.Not even a phonecall.
Thanx

good response rates to letters… - Posted by ScottE

Posted by ScottE on October 31, 2000 at 18:25:21:

Joseph,

I have gradually come around to the “let the motivated buyers find you” way of thinking, but, on occasion, I get a lead on a foreclosure or other distressed property that I am really interested in having.

There are several ways you can attempt to contact the owner: regular mail, certified mail, phone call, personal visit. The problem with regular mail is not knowing if it reaches it’s destination or if it is read. NOBODY in financial trouble opens ‘green card’ (certified) letters because they rarely mean good news. Phone calls and personal visits take major cojones.

I like sending a FedEx 3-day letter (about $5) SPARINGLY and to places I know that I have a good (valid) address. Almost everybody likes to get FedEx packages, I can track the letter via the internet and I know who signed for it. Best of all, my response rate has been 92%, which I think you’ll agree is hard to beat. I may not close all of those deals, but I do get the phone ringing!

Hope this helps.

Scott