License???? - Posted by MasonNV

Posted by Tony-VA on December 13, 2000 at 05:16:32:

I do not know your licensing requirements but suggest you begin by contacting your Division of Motor Vehicles and ask them who does the licensing for mobile home dealers. You may also want to call a mobile home dealer and simply ask them. If you get someone on the phone who does not know, try this. The dealership should be required to display the license in a public area. Simply ask them to read the name of the issuing agency off of this license.

There is likely a state agency with a title similar to Housing and Community Developement (not to be confused with HUD) that does the licensing, if DMV does not.

Hope this gets you pointed in the right direction.

License??? - Posted by MasonNV

Posted by MasonNV on December 12, 2000 at 12:01:26:

I went down to the manufactured housing division yesterday and was a bit startled at the requirements to become a dealer…

First off no one in the state of Nevada can sell a mobile home that isn;t there primary residence unless they are licensed…okay fair enough.

To get a dealer license its 1555 dollars for a two year term and 985 to renew every two years after that…a little steep but I guess I can manage…

Here’s the kicker: They want certified finacial statements, credit reports, tax returns, proof of
experience ?!?!, finger prints, and the big one: I need to show proof that I have 25,000 dollars in the bank!!!

Doesnt this seem a bit unfair??? and a bit intrusive? The reason for my post is to ask if anyone has a similar system in their state, and if so how did you get started with such steep demands…

I can buy and lend money all day long, but I cant sell and transfer title unless I’m a dealer…

A bit frustrated,

Mason

Re: License??? - Posted by Jeffrey, ILMI

Posted by Jeffrey, ILMI on December 13, 2000 at 23:16:47:

Some states may allow you to sell with a RE Brokers license. This may cover only part of what you want to do.

PLEASE READ ABOVE MESSAGE - Posted by MasonNV

Posted by MasonNV on December 13, 2000 at 01:42:50:

I need some suggestions…I know there is a way to get started…and I dont want to get discouraged now…

HELP!

Thanks in advance,

Mason