License Requirements In Oklahoma? - Posted by Jeremy Coombs

Posted by Jeremy on June 10, 2000 at 20:40:29:

John,

Thanks for replying. I live in Moore and I’m basically trying to learn what I can about this type of investing. Where are you at in OK? Have you done any “Lonnie” deals? I’m reading the book as of right now. What do you have to do to get a dealer’s license…do you know the cost and where to get one? I ask a lot of questions!!..just trying to learn! Really appreciate your response. Thanks again.

Jeremy

License Requirements In Oklahoma? - Posted by Jeremy Coombs

Posted by Jeremy Coombs on June 09, 2000 at 12:08:18:

I was just wondering if anyone knew the license requirements for Oklahoma? Is there anyone in Oklahoma that has done Lonnie deals and knows the laws? Newbie, trying to learn!!! Thanks, in advance for replies.

Re: License Requirements In Oklahoma? - Posted by Freddy Wells

Posted by Freddy Wells on June 11, 2000 at 18:55:53:

I have been doing Lonnie deals since 1998 and haven’t run into a problem with the license. I still don’t have the license and the County offices where I get my title work done know me on a first name basis and have’nt ever questioned me about the homes I am selling.
Doing Lonnie deals is a lot different and almost impossible for the “government law enforcement” to detect, because you do not have a dealers lot…you are selling them one at a time in parks scattered throughout. Just some helpful advice from my experience.

If you want to know what it takes to get a dealers license in Oklahoma, call the Oklahoma Used Motor Vehicles and Parts Commission and ask to send you an application for a Manufactured Home dealers license and it will have all the requirements you need on the application.

Hope this helps.

Re: License Requirements In Oklahoma? - Posted by John Lowry

Posted by John Lowry on June 09, 2000 at 19:10:53:

Yes Jeremy there are laws about licensing for MH dealers in this state. Basically it says that if you buy a MH with the intent of sale for a profit the you need a dealers license. I beleive that there is a 10k fine for doing this with out a license. I am not 100% sure about the fine I heard that from an unknown source. However, I have read my little law book that was issued to me by the state CLEET course and it does cover motor vehicle and motor home dealerships. It just didn’t cover the fines in detail.

Where in Oklahoma are you located?

Let me know.

John Lowry

Re: License Requirements In Oklahoma? - Posted by Jeremy

Posted by Jeremy on June 12, 2000 at 12:02:50:

Thanks for the reply, Freddy. Where are you at in OK? I’m in Moore. I was also just curious about how successful you have been with this type of investment? Do you have any success stories you could share…for encouragement? Thanks in advance…from one Okie to another! :slight_smile:

Jeremy