Licensing Requirements for Lonnie Deals in Mass and Illinois - Posted by Stirl

Posted by stirl on May 29, 2000 at 19:40:59:

Thanks for your help. I’m not in Mass right now, but I’ll try and call from here (NY), and see what I can come up with!

Licensing Requirements for Lonnie Deals in Mass and Illinois - Posted by Stirl

Posted by Stirl on May 28, 2000 at 20:14:27:

I haven’t even received my copy of “Deals on Wheels” as yet (it’s in the mail), but I’ve been reading this website for a couple of weeks, and I’m going to get going on this soon.
I’d appreciate any info on what I need to do to legally do deals in Illinois and/or Massachussetts. Thnaks in advance for your help!

I am researching MA now… - Posted by soapymac

Posted by soapymac on May 29, 2000 at 14:46:10:

and should have some answers by June 15th. I’ve got the MA Division of Banks doing the research for me whether or not I would need to register as a loan company.

If you live in MA, you may want to check with the RMV to see if we need to register as a dealer. I’m planning pure “Lonnie Deal” process, buying and selling for my own account, and holding the paper. Would you be willing to check with the RMV and find out if a pure “Lonnie Deal” process (buying, selling, and NOT MOVING MH’s from the park they are in) requires a dealers license? So far, I have not been able to find anyone willing to give me a straight answer.

Cordially,

Roy MacLean
“soapymac”