Lien Question - Posted by Tim (CT)

Posted by John Merchant on August 26, 2003 at 20:51:48:

To effectively deal with the attorney here, I’d have YOUR attorney send other attorney a letter, advising him that if a signed & acknowledged release of this lien is not received by your attorney, within 30 days, your attorney will file a Suit to Quiet Title, and also perhaps a Slander of Title Action for damages, as said lien had no legal basis or justification.

If anything will get the lien released, sans court action, this should do the trick.

Lien Question - Posted by Tim (CT)

Posted by Tim (CT) on August 26, 2003 at 10:05:26:

Can a lien be placed against a property for monies owed to a previous landlord even if the person owing the money has only life-time use of the property/asset? I’ve always been under the impression that life-time use only constitues use of the property but does not give the person any kind of ownership of the asset. If this is true, what can be done to remove the lien? Obiviously, I have this exact situation. And, the lien was placed by someone in an attornies office. We called the attorney who owns/runs the practice and even he said it didn’t sound correct. He said he would look into it and get back to us but never did.

Any thought are appreciated.