Liens - Posted by Anna

Posted by Anna on September 10, 2003 at 17:39:41:

Thank you. Excellent idea and advice! I’ll do just that.

Liens - Posted by Anna

Posted by Anna on September 07, 2003 at 22:28:36:

Will this program work if I have a tax lien on my credit? The materials I recieved did not go into this and I don’t want to wait till tomorrow to call.

Re: Liens - Posted by Randy

Posted by Randy on September 08, 2003 at 11:45:41:

Anna a Tax Lien will prevent (or make it very difficult) to get traditional financing for your purchases. Following CS the point of the course is how to buy with out cash or credit? so if you find a CS type of deal then NO your tax lien will not affect you when purchasing. You should know that a tax lien can encumber any properties titled in your name in your county as well as surrounding counties. It all depends on if the IRS does an asset search, they can place the lien on any and all properties you own ? Can you spell Land Trust?

Re: Liens - Posted by Brent_IL

Posted by Brent_IL on September 07, 2003 at 22:37:29:

I thought that I might be out of the loop, so I scrolled down a bit to find a relevant post. I couldn?t find one, and I have no idea what you’re posting about.

What program?

Re: Liens - Posted by Anna

Posted by Anna on September 08, 2003 at 15:27:08:

Hi Randy, thanks for the data. I just started studying the course yesterday but looked ahead and saw nothing regarding liens. I may have missed it. I really need to get my credit reports and then do more research. We paid those taxes so technically the lien should come off but since I haven’t heard from the IRS (how shocking)I will have to contact them to release the lien. Also, now to sound like a complete idiot/novice how does a land trust work? I could also look it up in a dictionary so don’t put yourself out with a long explanation. Thank you!

Posted by Anna on September 08, 2003 at 15:33:58:

Hi, Sorry I thought this was all Carleton Sheets. Just started studying yesterday and forgot to ask about liens when I purchased the program. I thought they prevented you from purchasing a home but I am probably incorrect on that. I can probably figure out a way around this or may have to put more $ down with conventional financing. But hopefully I will learn how to do this without my credit being a factor. Thanks.

Posted by Anna on September 08, 2003 at 10:15:53:

So sorry, Carleton Sheets.

Re: Liens - Posted by Raisi Smith

Posted by Raisi Smith on September 10, 2003 at 13:50:55:

You do not have to contact the IRS to have them release your lien,…all that you have to do is send the proof that you settled or paid the liens to the three credit agencies(TransUnion/Equifax/Experian) and with that proof alone they will update your credit profile,…never wait on the creditor or the IRS to contact the credit agencies,…as long as you have proof then you can do the work yourself. Just write a letter stating your case to have them removed and attach the evidence and send it to them and they will get back to you.