Life Experience(long) - Posted by Paul OK

Posted by rayrick on May 05, 1999 at 10:49:28:

Great to hear from you Paul! You gave us a pretty good scare in the chat room the other night. Glad you and your family weathered the storm with life, limb and most of your posessions intact. Best of luck on your full-time REI journey. You’re going to kick butt.

-Ray

Life Experience(long) - Posted by Paul OK

Posted by Paul OK on May 05, 1999 at 10:17:17:

The last couple of days we have all been bombarded with horrific scenes of mass destruction and it has scared us to think that something can destroy our houses where we think we are safe. Seeing a tornado bearing down on your house and having no control or ability to stop it is very demoralizing. It seems a lot like a job no control or ability to stop it it is very demoralizing. Over the last couple of weeks the board is full of individuals that want more out of life than a job. I am one of those as well i have made the decision to free myself on July 1st (independence day). All of the fears, excitement, dreams hopes and aspirations seem to hit all at once. I dont know what to type but I know that everyone out there in the same delima knows what i mean. I have so many friends (heros) out there that are pulling for me and they are pulling for you as well it is mind boggling. There are people here that i have not even met wishing good safety and health to me and my family. This has been my busiest month so far and i attest that to the convention. Sometimes life feels like a spectator sport working deals, leads, negotiating, job, family, life, tenants the same stuff that everyone works with. Then a major disaster seems to sort out all non important occurances in life. I truly appreciate all of the support and assitance from my friends here at creative real estate online. We received some damage the tornado lifted over our house. The children never woke up with everything going on it seemed to put everything in perspective. Thank you for all of your best wishes.

Re: Life Experience(long) - Posted by AJ - Oklahoma

Posted by AJ - Oklahoma on May 10, 1999 at 21:16:24:

July is also my target date to be rid of the J-O-B! My office in Midwest City was severly damaged by the F5 tornado that tore through the area. Might as well call it destroyed since we had to get all our (very wet and smelly) stuff out and move into cramped temporary offices. Everyone is wondering how this is going to work for the next 60 or 90 days until we get back into real offices. But not me, I know I don’t have to think about it any more come July.

Hope you get your house back together soon, I really feel for the folks who didn’t have insurance. Such a tragedy.

AJ

PS, I’ve lived in tornado prone areas all my life and have never seen devastation like this. Closest I’ve seen was when Hurricane Hugo hit South Carolina when we lived there.

Re: Life Experience(long) - Posted by Baltimore BirdDog

Posted by Baltimore BirdDog on May 07, 1999 at 11:27:13:

Paul,

Good to hear you and you’re family are OK. Enjoyed meeting you at the convention. Look forward to seeing you next year, just like I look forward to my own independence day. Count me among those pulling for you. Lots of luck!!!

-Jeremy

Re: Life Experience(long) - Posted by Mark R in KCMO

Posted by Mark R in KCMO on May 05, 1999 at 13:10:22:

Paul,

Great to hear that you are OK, (no pun intended). I don’t know what I can do to help.

I’l do what I can

Mark R in KCMO