Listed in MLS, BUT!!!!! - Posted by TCB

Posted by David on February 03, 2000 at 20:34:33:

1.if they street is lightly traveled, a sign may not have much impact.
2. sometimes people feel that a sign is an open invitation for people to knock on their door, walk around their yard and do other things that they don’t want.
3. they don’t want their noisy neighbors to know. often times even when having an open house as many as 50% of the people through are window shoppers, of which the largest group is curious neighbors. Most times the noisy neighbors don’t result in a sale. sometimes yes.
4. there’s somebody that they don’t want to know the house is for sale. often times this is an ex-spouse, ex-inlaws, or ex-lovers.
5. there may be a reason for the sale that the people are embarrassed about including lsoing their job, losing their spouse, death in the family, scandel in family or bankruptcy.
The missing sign is usually of no significance, maybe the ground is frozen and they can’t get the sign in the ground?
Good luck.

David

Listed in MLS, BUT!!! - Posted by TCB

Posted by TCB on February 03, 2000 at 19:57:11:

Help me out on my second deal. I have found a house for sale, listed in the MLS. I did a drive-by, and there is no for sale sign posted. From the drive-by, it looks like a steal. Listed for 99,900 needing repairs, and other similar properties in the area are 180K. I will be viewing the interior tomorrow.
When I questioned the broker who directed me to the property, she said the owner did not want a sign posted, for some reason.
Why would they list there house in a hot area, but not post a “for sale” sign? Please respond with answers by tomorrow, if possible.

My guess…it’s an REO and the realtor has “friends” - Posted by FJW

Posted by FJW on February 04, 2000 at 18:23:52:

I guess I’m too late, but…

We just had one like this. Put our offer in slightly higher than asking. Still waiting, but agent has little info to provide. Get this: he also tried to say there was no commission for the buying agent. Hmmm. Now what kind of agent does that?

Re: Listed in MLS, BUT!!! - Posted by Dave T

Posted by Dave T on February 03, 2000 at 22:43:37:

Let me add to all the other logical reason suggested.

If the area is a PUD, the neighborhood codes, covenants, and restrictions may prohibit a realtor sign and any other form of commercial advertising.

Re: Listed in MLS, BUT!!! - Posted by Mark-NC

Posted by Mark-NC on February 03, 2000 at 20:36:27:

There could be a number of reasons for this. They may be personal reasons from the seller. I have seen this before.

Maybe they don’t want the nosy neighbors to know their business.

It could be a divorce situation.

Who knows, can you think of any reasons why you would not want “your neighbors” to know that you are selling.

Your guess is as good as mine!!!

Mark