Listing expires in 20 days! - Posted by Rich

Posted by Laure on October 22, 2000 at 21:16:59:

I would post date them, and get them signed.

Laure :slight_smile:

Listing expires in 20 days! - Posted by Rich

Posted by Rich on October 22, 2000 at 21:04:16:

I have a seller anxious to sell me their house subject to. They have had it listed with a Realtor for 60+ days now and no sale! They are really happy that I have come into their lives to solve their problem. They have another house payment in another state and can no longer make two payments! (This is great!)

My concern is, can I put together the agreemeent for sale (Subject To) and Fed-Ex it to them to get their signatures or should I wait until the listing actually expires? They want to do the deal at the minute the listing expires because of their financial situation with the two payments. Can I date the agreement with the date after the expiration and go from there?

How about all of the other docs ie:

?Warrantee Deed to Trustee

? CYA Letter

? Trust Agreement

? Assignment of Beneficial Interest

? Release of Information Form (For loan information)

Can this be done now (Post Dated) just to make sure I get the deal in case they decide to by chance change their mind in the meantime?

Thanks for the support

Rich

Re: Listing expires in 20 days! - Posted by AndrewC

Posted by AndrewC on October 23, 2000 at 08:21:28:

Rich,
Find out if the seller has an exclusive right to sell
agreement with the Broker, or an exclusive agency
agreement. The exclusive right means the agent has
exclusive right to recieve a commission, even if the seller finds the buyer. An exclusive agency listing means that if the seller finds his own buyer, the agent gets nothing.Thats also a good thing for all of you to know, if you work with realtors to buy houses.
If the seller can show that the agent hasnt done a very good job selling his house, the seller has a right to fire the agency. Then he can take your offer now. Just make sure he can prove that you didnt approach the seller by means of the agents efforts (i.e signs etc), but that the seller approached you.

Andrew Colvin