LISTING PROPERTIES - Posted by Al Miller

Posted by John Behle on June 15, 2006 at 15:41:37:

Three great resources come to mind. Look for any courses you see by Tom Hopkins, Dannielle Kennedy (not the same as Dan Kennedy) or Joan Pate. There are other ones that I am sure are great, but I know these three and they are excellent. You may find some of their materials on auction sites like eBay or Yahoo.

Your local Realtor board office and state association should also have seminars they hold and even a library with materials available. Some of the national courses at the “Realtors National Marketing Insitute” also cover listing, sales, negotiations, etc.

The local Board of Realtors office should also have GRI courses that are very good. The GRI stands for “Graduate of the Realtors Institute”. They teach what agents should have learned to get a license and way beyond. Anyone starting into real estate should make getting that designation a priority.

I am sure there are other good resources besides the three individuals and the courses I mentioned. Maybe someone else can point out some more current ones. I took the courses nearly thirty years ago, so I’m not sure who is new or if Dannielle or Tom teach courses anymore. I know Joan Pate does and she is a superstar that anyone in RE sales should learn from.

LISTING PROPERTIES - Posted by Al Miller

Posted by Al Miller on June 15, 2006 at 14:24:25:

MY SON JUST GOT HIS RE LICENSE.
WHERES A GOOD SITE TO GET ADVICE ON LISTING PRESENTATIONS`?

I should have mentioned - Posted by John Behle

Posted by John Behle on June 15, 2006 at 15:44:49:

The large brokerages and franchises usually have tons of training materials. They are geared towards educating new agents. I think it is a good move for anyone new to the business to hook up with one of the most hands on brokerages possible. Then later they can move on for a better split or start their own office, etc. I wish I had had some of that. I was always with smaller brokerages and didn’t know what I was missing. But then I was only interested in doing my own deals, not listing tons of properties.