little help please - Posted by bb

Posted by rw on March 07, 2001 at 08:39:11:

bb,

To get any further response from me, I would appreciate a real name. Like talking to real people, if you don’t mind. Don’t mean to sound crass, but this board has had it’s share of imposters and heinous posts.

However, in the last week or so, it is cleaning up magnificently! People are rising up and getting good info from many participants. Hope we can help you.

If you want to get to know Russ Whitney (me) and what our comapnies do, query this board, Creonline, Terry or JP Vaughan and ask them if you can order my book, Building Wealth. It is 12.00 and is also available in every major book store in America, on Amazon, Barnes and Noble etc.

Hope it helps.

Russ Whitney

little help please - Posted by bb

Posted by bb on March 07, 2001 at 08:08:03:

I just discovered this web site monday. I am a newbie to real estate investing (as of this writing have not even bought my first property YET). I know however, that this is for me. How do I know this? I am 44 years old been working since I was 14 and have a measly 50k in a 401 to show for it. I watched my father and mother die within 5 days of each other at age 62, after working in a textile mill for 40 years. My mother and father were the greatest influences on my life and I loved and love them with all my heart. I don’t however want to end up like that.
I have just completed the Sheets course and have no problems with what I paid for. I am so new at this I don’t even know who Russ Whitney is. I have no problem with investing in knowledge and plan on continueing to do so.
I am buying my aunt’s house this month for 15k in cash, furnished, and already have it rented for 350 a month, and it’s only a one bedroom house. Housing in my area (north carolina) is fairly cheap and rent seems to be very popular. I do know that saavy investors don’t use any of there monies to buy property, but in this case the house was so cheap, I really thought it a good oppurtunity. Now i am trying to find out how to put a first mort. on this property to get my money back. (fmv is 22000).
I do not know why there seems to be alot of negativity on this board about some of the successful rei who share there expertise and also sell there expertise. I know if I were successful at anything in life I would certainly share it and I would most assuridly charge for it.
O.K. that’s my story. Now can some of you please point me in the right direction. I have the time a little money and alot of desire, and as you all can see no problem at all asking for help. Thanks to all for your time and responses.

Re: little help please - Posted by Wayne-NC

Posted by Wayne-NC on March 07, 2001 at 09:29:15:

Where do you live in NC? Houses are expensive here. Also, another good book to read is Robert Kiyosaki’s “Rich Dad,Poor Dad.” Good information is priceless!