Litton Short Sale - Posted by inger

Posted by James on July 18, 2007 at 13:24:26:

Yes, I’ve dealt with them. They were nice enough to me.

At this point, you need something in writting. Contact the most tenured person in the office you can find when you call - make it right after they get in and before they get working. All you need is a # of their senior person too - then call them an hour before the office usually opens. You will usually find these ‘managers’ in before most of the other workers.

Anyway, just get something in writting and you’ll be set. Always talk to the person(s) who have the final say.
Cant tell you how many times I’ve dealt with the wrong people and got all the numbers together ready to close when the person on the other end says “Oh, it’s not up to me; I’ll need to send it to X.” grrrr…

Good luck!
James

Litton Short Sale - Posted by inger

Posted by inger on July 18, 2007 at 09:00:39:

Has anyone ever dealt with Litton Loan Services re: short sale. They are not returning my calls, had me move fast to get them financials, bank statements, and other docs. It has been over 2 months since I turned in all the papers. They had an inspector come out and do an inspection. He supposedly turned his results over on June 29. I had to call and f/u. The loss mitigation rep said that they aren’t going to accept our short sale for our purchase price. So, my question is what happens now. Do I keep calling and negotiating or do I just close the deal. I asked what would be acceptable and he didn’t say anything, he was actually kind of rude and abrupt.

Please help…

Re: Litton Short Sale - Posted by Barry (FL)

Posted by Barry (FL) on July 19, 2007 at 10:06:03:

I agree with James. I’ve dealt with Litton before with success, never had to move up the foodchain though which sounds like your next move here. Find out who the supervisor is and start there.

Remember Litton is a servicing company so the final decision lies with the investor unless they have granted Litton discretion in accepting and offer but I doubt that. Usually if you establish a good relationship with the LM they will give you guidance on where your offer needs to be.

HTH
Barry (FL)