LLC Address - Posted by Dave_AZ

Posted by Rob FL on December 27, 1999 at 15:39:38:

Thanks for the info. I agree with you on the 30 hours. That is the state regs in FL. Most investors or brokers aren’t in the office 30 hours a week either. I think the regs are in place to distinguish between an actual office and a maildrop.

LLC Address - Posted by Dave_AZ

Posted by Dave_AZ on December 25, 1999 at 24:43:54:

I am in the process of setting up my first LLC. I obtained a box at Mailboxes,etc. My question is: can I use the address at Mailboxes, etc as the address for the LLC? Can I put that address on the paperwork going to the AZ state commission establishing the LLC? I would rather not use my home address since I presently live on a military post and will be moving in 4 months.

If I can’t use the Mailboxes, etc address for the LLC address I send to the state of Arizona does anyone have any other options?

Dave
thanks
Dave

Re: LLC Address - Posted by BRnBA

Posted by BRnBA on December 26, 1999 at 07:19:09:

The way it works here is…if you use a registered agent and an incorporating service, their name and address is what shows up on public records.

Re: LLC Address - Posted by Mark (SDCA)

Posted by Mark (SDCA) on December 25, 1999 at 09:55:03:

Yes, I think you did the right thing. Use the MailBoxes etc. I tried a trick that someone mentioned on here. Get a US Mail PO Box and then add their physical address.
So it would be
123 Main St Box XXX
Any City CA

It was a big hassle. The Post Office hates it and left me a note saying don’t do it. (I ignored the note). And a lot of senders see the physical address and purposely leave off teh Box #. (Go figure.)

Mark

Re: LLC Address - Posted by Rob FL

Posted by Rob FL on December 25, 1999 at 22:02:46:

How do you get around the fact that you must have a physical street address for the registered agent and the registered office ??? Around here, the law is that the mailing address can be a mailbox #, but the street address better be a real address. If the Secretary of State finds out otherwise, they will fine you up to $500 among other penalties. Maybe they do it different in California?

Posted by Mark (SDCA) on December 26, 1999 at 09:06:00:

I think it’s the same most places. I actually hvae a NV LLV so I do have a registered agent.

Even if I didn’t, I DO have a physical street address. It’s the physical address of the post office. Or in your case of the MBE. If I am not mistaken, with an MBE, you put their address and then a box # that MBE assigns to you. It’s perfect.

Mark

Re: LLC Address - Posted by Rob FL

Posted by Rob FL on December 26, 1999 at 19:18:32:

I have a PO Box and an MBE box, the problem with using them for the physical address is when a processor server shows up and then realizes the registered agent can never be given personalized service at that address (because he doesn’t live or work there at least 30 hours a week). That is when the hefty fines kick in.

Posted by Mark (SDCA) on December 27, 1999 at 08:45:21:

In that case, you may need to pay a registered agent. Mine costs $125. Of course that is NV. The problem with all this (for most REI) is that there is NO place where we can be reached 30 hours a week except my car and my cel phone. That is all I really need to be in business.

Luck,

Mark