LLC (steps to take)? - Posted by CRZ

Posted by Dr. Craig Whisler CA NV on July 24, 2003 at 18:50:02:

… Nolo Press is supposed to have a great (simple) little book on how to do your own LLC, complete with forms. The last Nolo book I bought (on mechanic’s liens) was about $30. The LLC book will probably be about the same cost. I love the whole Nolo series. Good law, simple to understand, and designed for do-it-your-selfers.

Regards, doc

LLC (steps to take)? - Posted by CRZ

Posted by CRZ on July 23, 2003 at 24:24:18:

I’m new at this, sorry if I’m repeating a question that has already been addressed. I’ve been reading the archives. Now, I’m really confused. Can somone please summarize how to form an LLC in simple terms. I’m not all that smart! :slight_smile:

Is an LLC really necessary if your just starting out?

Who, what , where, when, why, how, $$$

Thanks

Re: LLC (steps to take)? - Posted by Sonya W.

Posted by Sonya W. on July 23, 2003 at 12:30:12:

Your own lawyer is probably best, but I just set one up using a service online. There are many. The address for the one I used was www.quick-inc.com. I just received an e-mail from them that my llc has been set-up and the documents are on the way to me via fed-ex. It was very easy to do online. They answer a lot of questions on their website. You can also enter LLC in the search engine and it will bring up lots of companies that do this.

Re: LLC (steps to take)? - Posted by Tony-VA/NC

Posted by Tony-VA/NC on July 23, 2003 at 07:45:24:

Forming an LLC is a state specific procedure. The Secretary of State for you state will likely have a website that walks you through the steps.

You can also buy books at local bookstores that are state specific to setting up and running LLC, Corps etc.

Do you need an entity to do your first deal? No. Should you? That depends.

If you are only going to try one or two deals to see if you like this business, then an entity may be overkill and costly (in fees).

Tony