Loan - Posted by Joe

Posted by jeff on December 26, 2000 at 22:08:31:

Have you tried to clean up your credit report? Although you have some blemishes on the report, you should get a copy of the report and clean some of the remarks up. You can either pay for a report or get a free copy if you have been turned down in the past 60 days. Then if you see any items that you question, dispute them. Sometimes the reporting bank or lending company will not respond back within the alloted timeframe and the credit reporting agency must then remove the remark.

Work on cleaning up your credit report along with talking with several mortgage companies. The mortgage business is very competitive and you should be able to find someone that will loan money. It may not be at the most favorable rates, but if the property is worth it and can support the loan, who cares.

Hope this helps…

Loan - Posted by Joe

Posted by Joe on December 26, 2000 at 14:00:52:

Do I have a shot @ obtainin a loan with a 2+ year old bankruptcy due to my divorce? I make 80K as a sales rep, and have an outstanding track record with my credit union. However, I don’t have much to put down. My credit has many “pays as agreed”, but several blemishes as well.What can I do? Is there anyone who will lend me 140-180K? Can I do a rent to own? What about a higher interest rate that I can refinance in a year or so-

Please help

JP

Re: Loan - Posted by dave

Posted by dave on December 29, 2000 at 23:56:45:

yes . i went bankrupt , two years later i started buying home , i now have 37 units
and this is with a regular bank,
homes are easier to buy than cars
always rem that

Re: Loan - Posted by dewCO

Posted by dewCO on December 27, 2000 at 23:20:43:

At the least you should try to get preapproved for an FHA loan. Although they do want good reestablished credit after a BK, and 2 yrs. from DISCHARGE is what they want. So it depends on how many and how bad your “blemishes” are and how recent, etc.

Re: Loan - Posted by Tim

Posted by Tim on December 26, 2000 at 16:58:36:

It doesn’t sound like you’ve been to very many bankes or brokers. There are a lot of programs out there… ask!

Lease options aren’t bad if done properly but try the other first. There is a lot to learn before attempting a SAFE lease op.

-T