Lonnie Deal, Having to take it back, HELP - Posted by John (KS)

Posted by David Alexander on December 18, 1998 at 17:41:20:

First, you send a demand letter.
Second, You have to send a letter cancel the contract.
The amount of time you have to give them depends on the down payment recieved.

Third, send a 3 day eviction.

Send all your letters certified, record everything.

David Alexander

Lonnie Deal, Having to take it back, HELP - Posted by John (KS)

Posted by John (KS) on December 18, 1998 at 16:57:00:

I have a couple of guys who purchased a MH from me, who at the beginning of the month couldn’t give me all the payment. One gets SSI (or some ex-military welfare thing)and the other just started a new job at Wendy’s (hambuger joint). They didn’t have all the money on the first so they gave me $60 of the $175 they owe me, promising to pay the rest Friday the 18th (today). They don’t have my money, they also have not paid the lot rent, and accumulated a $30 late fee there. I told them today that they had to come up with the money for me and the park by Monday and if they couldn’t that they will have to have the MH empty by Monday Evening. I don’t think I need to get legal, I think I can scare these guys out. I also told them that if they left the place in good shape, I would not report them to the “Bad Tenant Department”.

What should I do if they are not out by Monday and they have no money for me? I have a friend who is a cop, and will probably go over there with me in uniform if I have to resort to that. When the Sheriff shows up when you evict someone, do you actually have someone there at that time to move their stuff in the yard?

Any advise will be appreciated. Thanks. John (KS)

Re: Lonnie Deal, Having to take it back, HELP - Posted by Cesar

Posted by Cesar on December 19, 1998 at 13:30:23:

I don’t know about where you’re from, but in Florida, if you have a lease with the people, then you have to go through the eviction procedures, or they can countersue you!! We have to post a 3 day notice, then a notice to quit and vacate, then file papers at the courthouse (expensive), then get the sheriff to post the 5 day eviction, then actually show up at the eviction with the sheriff (more money), and have 4 people present to witness the eviction.

If you don’t have a lease, tell them to get out or you will throw them out!! It’s that simple.

Hope it helps.