Lonnie dealers work in teams? - Posted by Matt OH

Posted by Philip on September 14, 2004 at 22:56:03:

I have had a realty in our area use shill bids on repo land…and give away bid amounts to other bidders. This amongst some other dishonest practices have made them one of the largest realtors in the area. BUT, the truth is getting around and it will all come crashing down someday.
If I want to bid low I will, but I wouldn’t actually invent bidders, or let a friend mislead anyone.
I play it straight…but…I certainly am a little jaded compared to my late teens or early twenties when I bought my first home.
I try to only deal with one small local realtor who has never invested one penny in real estate in his 40 years on the job.
Some folks will do anything for money.
Philip

Lonnie dealers work in teams? - Posted by Matt OH

Posted by Matt OH on September 14, 2004 at 13:55:32:

I am thinking about having a friend go look at a home i have been negotiating on. I think if my friends acts interested, then shows them all that wrong with it, and offered them a really low price, then my sellers may become more motivated. This seems like it could be a really good idea. If the buyers keep getting the problems pointed out to them, they will think they will have to take even less! Any thoughts? Anyone ever do this? Thank you, Matt OH

Alls fair in love and trailer parks - Posted by Karl (Oh)

Posted by Karl (Oh) on September 14, 2004 at 14:27:33:

Recently I looked at a trailer for sale. They originally wanted around $5k for the home. The seller mentioned that another investor (a friend of mine) had just looked at the home. So I told them that the home was too rough, and that I wasn’t interested at any price. I suggested that if they could get a couple grand from the other guy, they’d be lucky, and should take the money and run.

Ironically, I ended up with the home for $1500, and flipped it to the other investor for $2000. I’m sure he’ll sell it for $5k or $6k on a note. Everyone wins.

I think that’s a good tactic. Give it a try.

Karl Kleiner

Re: Alls fair in love and trailer parks - Posted by Ron (OH)

Posted by Ron (OH) on September 14, 2004 at 22:15:27:

Good guess Karl!
Actually it’s under contract for $5900 at 12% and I have 2 others buyers lined up in case the first doesn’t get approved.
Buyers are pleased as pie to be getting their first “home” after 22 years of renting.
Everyone truly does win.
Ron

Effective. I may have to make a friend. - Posted by Philip

Posted by Philip on September 14, 2004 at 17:15:29:

So they can work in concert with me.
Karl, I forgot what area in Ohio you are in, and just wondered generally how you are doing.
Do you still move a lot of homes?
Do you have a lot?
A toter?
Do any land/home packages?
Are you related to the Kleiners from Hollywood?
Philip

Re: Alls fair in love and trailer parks - Posted by ~~Beachboy-Ga

Posted by ~~Beachboy-Ga on September 17, 2004 at 20:31:10:

when everyone is happy. the deal can go thru.

Ron, mailed out the title today - Posted by Karl (Oh)

Posted by Karl (Oh) on September 14, 2004 at 23:49:52:

nt

Re: Effective. I may have to make a friend. - Posted by Gary

Posted by Gary on September 14, 2004 at 22:23:48:

When I sold real estate years ago a married couple in the same office would show their listings to fake buyers when a listing was about to expire,to get it relisted, or to offer a low ball offer, then the real offer which was a little higher would look better. Very unethical, but you don’t have to worry about losing your license. But then these were the same two being office managers used money in the escrow account for personal use. Quite a pair!