Lonnie Deals....HERE! - Posted by chris

Posted by chris on January 12, 1999 at 02:02:36:

well, now we know the founding father of the “tip” to check out that great site. thank you for the correction J.P. you have a world class memory!! :slight_smile:

hope people get some use out of it. as for how many parks. drew stated that “ten should be plenty.” sure. thats true. many people say they can retire themselves by investing in realestate within just a few neighborhoods. of course the “88” park listings that spit out as a result of my search will probably never be all visited by myself. however, it sure was a pick’me’up to find that i had not a pond, but an ocean to dive into.

good luck to all and thanks for this great site!

Lonnie Deals…HERE! - Posted by chris

Posted by chris on January 11, 1999 at 02:30:59:

hi gang.

I have read several posts asking if lonnie deals work here or if lonnie deals work there. From what i have heard on this board, they can be done ANYWHERE. only sometimes the figures don’t jive with those that he has outlined in his books. is that a problem? Lonnie doesn’t seem to think so and neither do several others on this board who have had success with the cheapos and also the ones that are a little spendier. you just need to work with bigger numbers but by applying the same principles you can make money nonetheless.

Anyway, another major hangup seems to be that people aren’t sure where to find or even look for the parks. well, for all of you just getting started, or even those who haven’t come across this site yet, you have to check it out!

http://www.bigbook.com

Dirk gets credit for being the first to post that address on this board. as far as i know at least. sometime ago i did a search of my area and found a list of only 10 parks that were within reasonable driving distance. i say “only” because after visiting this site, entering the address i would be leaving from, and then doing a distance search of 20 miles, it spit out a mammoth list of 88 parks!!! i darn near fell out of my seat with excitement!

Now for all of those people out there saying they can’t be done in your area, or the figures just aren’t the same as what lonnie says…i say, “shame on you!” Barring you live outside the continental u.s. (as i do…hehe) you have run out of excuses. get out there, get started, and make some money! good luck! hope this site will help you and thanks again Dirk.

chris

ps-dirk, when are you gonna make that roadtrip to Washington for me? I’ll wire you the funds to make a buy or two! :slight_smile:

r

How many parks do ya need?? - Posted by drew

Posted by drew on January 11, 1999 at 08:54:41:

I’d like to add that I also use the Yellow Pages on the YAHOO! website (http://www.yahoo.com) because it lists the parks by distance from whatever address (city or zip) I provide (home, work, etc.) This makes it easy to organize a trip to cruise the speed bumps.

I also wanted to ask the Lonnie vets out there how many parks they work with? 5, 10, 20?? I realize that more parks means more options/deals, but it just doesn’t seem like I need that many parks around to find a deal or two per month. Ten parks may be plenty. Your comments are deeply appreciated.

-drew

Ditto that - Posted by JHyre in Ohio

Posted by JHyre in Ohio on January 11, 1999 at 06:52:22:

I didn’t think that I lived near many MH parks until I took Dirk’s suggestion & looked 'em up. The bloody things are everywhere.

I have to give credit - Posted by Dirk Roach

Posted by Dirk Roach on January 11, 1999 at 05:07:51:

Thanks Chris,
Well after reading a post like that how can one help but not stay motivated. Thanks.
As far as www.bigbook.com goes I think that Jeanne (whom many of you know from the site here, and my soon to be better half)
was the first to inform me of it. When I first moved to Southern CA. I was still under the misguided impression that one needed a convential job. So she got me a giante list of addresses for resumes.
Also I’ve heard Lonnie mention it on his audio tapes, and at his seminar.
Anyhow your right it is a great resource.
As far as the numbers. Space rent is the real variable in these deals. While 400 bucks a month here in San Deigo might be average. In other areas of the country that would be high. However it seems like the pick up prices are around the same. I know that Lonnies magic number is around 3k. Really so is mine. Now that doesn’t mean that people are going to be advertising selling for that, but that is my target area. Of course that will fluctuate from deal to deal.
Anyhow Good luck out there.
Dirk

Re: How many parks do ya need?? - Posted by Dirk Roach

Posted by Dirk Roach on January 11, 1999 at 17:44:06:

Hi Drew,
When I schedule my week I find that I only have time to hit 10 parks.
Now this is really more than enough. 3 to 5 should produce pretty good results.
Something to keep in mind though, I find that my park managers like to stay in touch. They like me to check in with them at least once a week. They like to gossip a little in regards to other parks and the goings-on in their park. I just sit back and listen, the entire time thinking to myself “How can I use this information, to make me some money?”
If you spread yourself out too thin in trying to deal with 10 or 15 parks it’s hard to allocate time to check in with the managers.
You know a couple of weeks ago I went out on one of my park days and couldn’t find any. So what I did was go up on top of one of the mountains which surround the city were I live (El Cajon CA) and started looking around for some new parks. I found 4 right off the bat.
Anyhow good luck and keep us posted on how your doing,
Dirk

Re: I have to give credit - Posted by J.P. Vaughan

Posted by J.P. Vaughan on January 11, 1999 at 07:55:07:

I believe Robert McNeely was the first person to tell
us about bigbook.com here about 2 years ago. Great resource.

JPV