Lonnie Deals in Florida - Posted by Jonathan Rexford

Posted by Rafael_FL on April 03, 2000 at 23:22:21:

How about “renting a desk” at a local used car dealership? I am not sure about zoning and such, but since in Florida auto dealers and MH dealers have a lot of the same rules and regs, you might check into that, and then try a place like J&M or D&D on US1, or even Partners on Old Dixie.

Rafael

Lonnie Deals in Florida - Posted by Jonathan Rexford

Posted by Jonathan Rexford on April 02, 2000 at 13:07:10:

Is anyone doing any Lonnie deals in Florida? I have the LAW book of FS 321 . I do not like the Idea of setting up a Mobile Home for VIEWING and a seperate 100SF office. Is anyone getting around that? I do not have a problem about the licensing and Bond requirements. I have a Bond for the construction company and Mortgage Company that I own. Any input or suggestions would be helpful. BTW I turned down 4 deals last week because I found out the licensing requirements.

Thanks
Jonathan Rexford

Re: Lonnie Deals in Florida - Posted by Karen McCall (FL)

Posted by Karen McCall (FL) on April 03, 2000 at 02:02:20:

If you do a mobile home brokerage instead of sales you can get by without the display area, and any executive suite type office will work.

Re: Lonnie Deals in Florida - Posted by FJW

Posted by FJW on April 02, 2000 at 18:24:47:

Jonathan

Here’s the overview of the law:
http://www.hsmv.state.fl.us/dmv/mobiledeal.html
As you can see or know, the penalties can be stiff if you get caught. The question is how strictly do they enforce the law. You’ll find some people look the other way and take their chances. As business people, that’s a question we all must take responsibility for ourselves.

You can also search the archives for some info. Your best bet is to call your regional office and tell them that you only want to buy used homes. Good Luck.

FJW

p.s. BTW, where in FL are you?

Re: Lonnie Deals in Florida - Posted by CarolFL

Posted by CarolFL on April 02, 2000 at 16:03:28:

There is a thread somewhere below on this subject.

Someone had gone thru the DMV course and said that dealing in MHs that were already in parks and not moving required only a broker’s lic.

When my hubby took the same course in Winter Park, the guy said in no uncertain terms that we needed an office capable of displaying a MH.

The Tampa office told us the same thing.
Frankly, when we own a park, we will look at the question again!

Carol

Re: Lonnie Deals in Florida, Vero Beach (NT) - Posted by Jonathan Rexford

Posted by Jonathan Rexford on April 02, 2000 at 19:43:34:

n