Lonnie Deals In MI (long) - Posted by Brian G

Posted by Jeanne on January 18, 2000 at 10:34:12:

Brian and Jacob,

In MI, it’s the secretary of state, not DMV. Basically the same entity. I’m not sure if this is the dept. that handles mobile homes, but it’s a good start. Here in CA, where we have the DMV for car registration, we have HCD (housing and community developement) for mobile home registration.
Jeanne

Lonnie Deals In MI (long) - Posted by Brian G

Posted by Brian G on January 18, 2000 at 08:01:11:

I’m new to this ng and have learned alot from all of you . I currently have the cs course which I have gone through 3 x’s and I must say I’ve learned a great deal from. Unfortunately my fear of investing great deals of money stops me from moving forward with my new found endeavor. Since the time is not right for me with the cs course I have shifted my track towards lonnies books which Ijust ordered . I feel just from reading this ng I have found my calling and would like to thank all of you who have posted regarding all aspects of re/mh investing. My question is what is the legal steps I must take in regards to doing lonnie deals in the state of Mi? Thanks in advance for any and all help you give and for your time. Brian G SE Mi

Re: Lonnie Deals In MI (long) - Posted by David Butler America’s Note Network

Posted by David Butler America’s Note Network on January 18, 2000 at 21:57:09:

Hey Brian,

Michigan is an excellent state for Lonnie deals and mobilehome investing. Easiest way to find out what you need to do in your state is just get on a search engine and type in the phrase “Michigan Statutes”. If given the option, select “exact phrase” and enter. You will get a list of related sites to check until you find the one the gives exact statues. Look for an index to the statutes, and start investigating. Fairly simple process, and will bring you up to speed. Not very exciting reading, so take a “No-Doz” beforehand, but it will educate you on what you need to know!

Best of Luck

David Butler VP Broker Relations

Re: Lonnie Deals In MI (long) - Posted by Ray (NJ)

Posted by Ray (NJ) on January 18, 2000 at 11:01:38:

Anyone know the specifics for NJ?

Re: Lonnie Deals In MI (long) - Posted by Jacob

Posted by Jacob on January 18, 2000 at 10:08:11:

Brian,
Not in Mich, but pretty close. I wuold reccomend two or three things. One, I’m pretty sure your state has a manufactured housing association. Generally, they are a great source of info and contacts. I’ll warn you to make sure you explain what you are doing, as they won’t understand it. In fact, get used to explaining what it is you do. Most people won’t understand it.
Two, in most states, mh’s are considred cars. So, a call to DMV would serve you well. They cangive you the rundown on title transfer regs. and tell you how many transfers you can do without being a dealer. In my state, a mh dealer is a car dealer, and is required to have a seperate location including a lot. Hopefully. it’s different in Mich.
The third thing I reccomend is this site. Read all the posts by Dirk, Tony, David Alexander and David C especially. You will learn more from those gentlemen than any book.
Good luck!
Jacob