Lonnie Question Park Manager Approval - Posted by Ben in Ohio

Posted by Jess wa on May 25, 2000 at 24:42:53:

Chris, I notice you are from WA. I am in Walla Walla, WA. Can you tell me if I am within the law to do 5 deals a year in WA without a licence. Is it then possible to put five in my wifes name? I have tryed to call you but never can reach you even at night.
Any help would be appreciated.

Jess

Lonnie Question Park Manager Approval - Posted by Ben in Ohio

Posted by Ben in Ohio on May 10, 2000 at 08:43:07:

I don’t understand why we need park manager approval to finance a home for the buyers. Are we acting any differently than any finance company?

Thanks

you are acting differently from most finance companies… - Posted by chris_wa

Posted by chris_wa on May 10, 2000 at 12:11:00:

ben
most finance companies DON’T actually purchase the mobiles in these parks…YOU DO! that being the case, you really need that park manager on your side for a bazillion and one reasons. Are you willing to sign a lease, pay for credit checks, pay the deposit, and then pay lot rents…just to get a deal? well, maybe…but…if you are in cahoots with the PM…they will usually WAIVE all of the above(except lot rent) when you buy that mobile! When you try to sell, if you have them on your side, you can MAKE deals go thru that may have fallen thru otherwise. Deals will close if you give the PM your personal guarentee that your buyer WILL pay the rents…and if not…you will see to it that they are dealt with immediatley and you will be responsible for ANY gaps in lot rent. Now i’m not suggesting you go sign up every dead-beat in town just so you can make the sales…that would be foolish. But if you get a nice young couple that is a little to shakey for the park to pass…and you have a good feeling that they will make good on their word…then give your pledge to the park that things will be taken care of. I can’t count the times i have done that and made a deal fly. If i hadn’t had that kind of relationship with the pm, forget it…Obviously, the key here as well is to make good on your word.

There are so many benefits of having the PM in your corner, i can’t even imagine trying to circumvent them from the equation. They have their fingers on the pulse of the park(usually). They are the ones that will call YOU first with a deal. They are the ones that will call YOU when they get calls from potential buyers.

Ben, this is a people business. And the most important people…the ones that can literally dictate your success, are these park managers. You really need to get out there and make some new friends. The park managers are the greatest tool you can have in your toolbox.

hope this helps
chris_wa