Lonnie's Charts? - Posted by George (Coastal SC)

Posted by Paula Bounds on January 14, 2002 at 13:50:32:

Dear Mr. Tew: I would like to request a copy of your article that explains in simple terms how to use a financial calculator. I have an HP unit and am able to do most calculations, however, the book that you have to go through is a little confusing. Thank you in advance for the help.

Lonnie’s Charts? - Posted by George (Coastal SC)

Posted by George (Coastal SC) on January 03, 2002 at 17:52:40:

After a couple of months of reading on this site, I decided to order Deals on Wheels.
2 days later, I had it in my hands! WOW!

I’ve been cover to cover a couple of times and I get the idea.

But, I can’t get the numbers to work in the charts. I’m the first to admit I don’t know what the hell I’m doing!
I was kind of hoping that the math would be covered in the book. Did I miss it?

He also states that he is assuming the reader already knows how to work a financial calculator and understand the power of compounding.
Where can I get this info?

Currently, I am at the beginning of studying the sales in my area and researching prices of homes comparable to what I will be looking for.

Thanks for your help.
George

I have other question about the book.
Am I at the right place, or should I be talking to Lonnie?

Re: Lonnie’s Charts? - Posted by Ernest Tew

Posted by Ernest Tew on January 05, 2002 at 05:32:51:

I have a brief article that explains in simple terms how to use a financial calculator.

If you, or anyone else, would like to have a copy, just send me an e-mail and I’ll tell you how to download it.

Re: Lonnie’s Charts? - Posted by Ron

Posted by Ron on January 03, 2002 at 19:07:33:

Hi George,

Welcome to the world of wobble boxes and no, you are in the correct place to ask questions, there are a number of what is referred to as “guru’s” out here (and I am not one of them) that will gladly answer your questions, including, at times, Lonnie himself.

Your question about the figures is right, they are hard to make work, however, if you will go to Wal-Mart, K-Mart or other stores that handle calculators, you can pick a good one up for about $20.00 plus tax.

Personally, I have a TI-35 and, as the commercial goes, I don’t leave home without it. The little booklet you get with the calculator will help you figure out the numbers and if you are thinking of getting into this business, other than Lonnie’s book, which you already have, a good financial calculator is a must.

I hope this answers some of your questions. Read the book again, buy a calculator and then start hitting the speed bumps, there is gold in them there hills.

Regards,

Ron

Re: Lonnie’s Charts? - Posted by Jay Kellum

Posted by Jay Kellum on February 06, 2002 at 12:05:08:

HI I would greatly appreciate info on how to use a financial calculator. TKS Jay.