Lonnie's Deal - Posted by Nell Bailey

Posted by CJ on December 17, 1999 at 08:38:27:

Jeanne, thanks for the info.

Lonnie’s Deal - Posted by Nell Bailey

Posted by Nell Bailey on December 08, 1999 at 21:58:09:

I’ve been immersed in this site for a few days now and got so excited I kind of jumped ahead of the game. I ordered Lonnie’s books which should arrive in a week or two. In the meantime I called about a trailer today and I’ve got my first deal about to come together and I have no idea of how to write up the contracts.

Is my only option to have them drawn up by a lawyer or does anyone have another idea?

I appreciate everyone who contributes to this site. I hope to see you at a convention one day soon. Unfortunately, my “real job” won’t allow me to be at the one coming up.

Many thanks
and “Angels on Your Body”

Go for it! - Posted by Jacob

Posted by Jacob on December 14, 1999 at 22:10:00:

Definitely read Lonnies books before doing a thing. No question about it. Do not make an offer, or anything. THere are contracts in the back of Lonnie’s books, type them into your word processor and go. You will find that many sellers are impressed that you even have a contract in the first place. It seems mind boggling to them. I would also reccomend getting your hands on the NADA Manufactured Housing Guide.(WWW. NADA.Com)I use mine religiously, in order to base my offers. Then again, I don’t finance every one I sell. 6 out of 10 I assist my buyer in arranging financing from Greentree or another source, in order for me to cash out and do another one. If you choose to do this, you aboslutely must know the NADA value for the unit. Nobody will finance it for more than 95% of the book value. If I can help you in any way, advice etc. don’t hesitate to email me. GOOD LUCK!

Re: Lonnie’s Deal - Posted by SL-VA

Posted by SL-VA on December 10, 1999 at 07:22:45:

I’d strongly recommend that you read the books first. It contains important lessons and experience that Lonnie has accumulated over the years. It really can help you to avoid many potential mistakes.

Opportunity, Opportunity, Opportunity - Posted by David Alexander

Posted by David Alexander on December 08, 1999 at 23:06:52:

Ok, sounds like you understand opportunity to me and when to jump to it. You’ve already found what you feel is your first MH deal. As your doing your first deal post the details, especially if you havent read Lonnies Books(you really need to read them first plus there’s are contracts in them that can help you get started if tailored to your area).

The Convention, if your serious about learning about Investing in RE, Dont miss it, figure out a way, it will propel you for a good start and start your learning curve ten fold.

David Alexander

Re: Opportunity, Opportunity, Opportunity - Posted by Carl Johnson

Posted by Carl Johnson on December 16, 1999 at 16:02:40:

Please tell me more about Lonnie’s books. Who is he?
Thanks, CJ

Lonnie Scruggs books - Posted by Jeanne

Posted by Jeanne on December 16, 1999 at 17:20:05:

CJ,

Lonnie Scruggs has contributed quite a few “how-to” articles to our site. You can view them at:
http://www.creonline.com/art_menu.htm
He has written the books: “Deals on Wheels” and “Making Money With Mobile Homes” which are available on our online catalog under “books and courses.” These are inexpensive, “must have” books if you plan on investing in mobile homes.

Jeanne Roach
CRE Online