Lookin at a move to Philadelphia. Suggestions? - Posted by Drew Brown

Posted by ro fo on April 10, 2006 at 23:25:30:

It’s a varied situation. It would be a good idea to look for yourself. The city is doing some of the work, and of course there are private entities doing development. For instance, an area just north of Center City was in limbo for 20 years…now 17’ x 70’ lots are going for 50,000 and up and new construction starts at 250,000 and more.

Lookin at a move to Philadelphia. Suggestions? - Posted by Drew Brown

Posted by Drew Brown on April 06, 2006 at 12:52:30:

Im looking at moving to Philadelphia in the nexyt year or so. If anybody’s from Phillie or done business there, could you give an overview(i.e.-Good locales, lenders, title companies, etc) of what to look for before I move?

Move to Harrisburg Instead! - Posted by BigHarold

Posted by BigHarold on April 06, 2006 at 14:31:38:

Here’s a suggestion - MOVE TO HARRISBURG INSTEAD!! It’s absolutely great here, only 1 hour from Philly, same distance to Baltimore, great property values and very low crime. I’ve lived in a lot of places, and this beats them all hands down. Just my 2 cents.

Harold Wilson
Real Estate Wholesaler

Re: move to Philadelphia. Suggestions? - Posted by ro fo

Posted by ro fo on April 06, 2006 at 13:12:32:

What type of props and area are you interested in?

Re: move to Philadelphia. Suggestions? - Posted by Drew Brown

Posted by Drew Brown on April 08, 2006 at 09:28:57:

If its possible a couple of multi units with some sfhs. I dont know the areas just yet.

Re: move to Philadelphia. Suggestions? - Posted by ro fo

Posted by ro fo on April 08, 2006 at 23:41:51:

There is a lot of new construction of new single family homes in University of Penn area, Northern Liberties, Brandywine East and many parts of North Central Philadelphia. Search out exactly what you want. We had two lots in one area & wanted to sell them for 140,000 each but traffic was not up for it and we are selling one for less than half… the other has a title/tax issue that has to be handled.

Re: move to Philadelphia. Suggestions? - Posted by Drew Brwon

Posted by Drew Brwon on April 10, 2006 at 10:32:11:

What about existing homes? Would any of those areas have duplexes or muhs in abundance? Or is the whole area being renovated?