looking for a new residence - Posted by Debi

Posted by Ronald * Starr(in No CA) on September 05, 2003 at 23:41:42:

Mike-----------

Somebody teaches a different way to make money with real estate–a different approach or strategy–somewhere other than where s/he does that investing. The listeners all feel, oh well, that may work where YOU come from. But it will never work here, where we are.

This is a standard response of a lot people. Especially when faced with a technique that is out of the norm. Any technique that makes a lot of money.

So it was being used as a joke. Nope, couldn’t work where you are, could it? You ignore that thinking and give it a try. You may find that it actually does work where you are.

Good Investing**************Ron Starr*************

looking for a new residence - Posted by Debi

Posted by Debi on August 31, 2003 at 10:35:34:

hello
I hope some of you could possibly help me.
I am looking to move out of New England,
for a very many reasons. I would like to go
where the creative real estate buisness is going
strong. Can anyone tell me how it is in your state?
I need a change.
thanks

It works everywhere except where you are - Posted by Craig (IL)

Posted by Craig (IL) on August 31, 2003 at 22:54:17:

One of the REI guru’s makes this point, I hope you get it.

Re: looking for a new residence - Posted by Ronald * Starr(in No CA)

Posted by Ronald * Starr(in No CA) on August 31, 2003 at 11:35:30:

Debi-------------------

I’d stay away from Coastal CA, where I am. It is extremely difficult to do great deals here.

I invest in Oklahoma State and I think that would be fine. I believe that pretty much all of the Midwest and the Southeast of the USA would make good investment territory. Florida is very good also. There are several people here in the San Fran Bay Area who are buying in FL.

There are several books available which rate the quality of life in different major cities in the USA. You can probably find them on the internet. Start with “Places Rated Almanac” or “Retirement Places Rated” of Rand McNally and go from there.

Good InvestingRon Starr*

Re: looking for a new residence - Posted by Clair-MO

Posted by Clair-MO on August 31, 2003 at 10:53:03:

Debi, Missouri is a great State to invest in so is North Carolina where I have bought several 4-plexes. I have bought over 2.8 million dollars worth of properties both residential homes and apartment complexes.

Re: It works everywhere except where you are - Posted by mike

Posted by mike on September 05, 2003 at 21:02:57:

Does he give any reasons why it won’t work here. I am a beginner in the area. Maybe I’ll be moving soon

Re: looking for a new residence-Not OK - Posted by Willie

Posted by Willie on September 01, 2003 at 20:04:07:

I would stay away from Oklahoma. There was another post on here recently by a person from there and it is not as good as it is cracked up to be.