Looking for comps online in IL. - Posted by tom IL

Posted by Jim IL on April 27, 1999 at 23:46:02:

Try this:
http://realestate.yahoo.com/realestate/homevalues/address.html

It covers sales prices, but does not give any more info about the homes.
You can input an address and check the immediate area, or entire street. The only problem is that you’ll have no info provided as to whether or not it is a “like home”. (as in Sq/ft, rooms, construction etc).
But, it will give you a good place to start.
Hope this helps,
Jim

Looking for comps online in IL. - Posted by tom IL

Posted by tom IL on April 27, 1999 at 20:39:29:

Could anybody tell me how can get comps online
or a database in IL.I would really appreciate if
someone could help me out.
THANKS

Re: ‘green sheets’ in library, too. - Posted by NJDAVE

Posted by NJDAVE on April 28, 1999 at 08:51:08:

usually on microfiche. ask for REDI index (real estate data, something)

Re: Looking for comps online in IL. - Posted by rudy-austex

Posted by rudy-austex on April 28, 1999 at 05:46:32:

call First American Title and ask about their service.

Re: Looking for comps online in IL. - Posted by Randy -IL-

Posted by Randy -IL- on April 27, 1999 at 23:48:47:

What part of Illinois are you from? For most of the state you won’t find any comps online. Or at least any significant quantity or quality.

Your best bet for finding comps is to get to know your realtor friends really well. They work knee deep in the stuff day in and day out. Ask to see their comp book and explain that you may be making many offers with their help and without proper research you can’t make good offers. That may gets someone’s attention.

Also, go to your courthouse and introduce yourself to your Assessor. In the assessor’s office is copies of property transfer tax declarations. The term they use is “green sheets”. These sheets have property ID numbers and sale info on them. For details on the property itself you’ll need to look on the Property Record Card (PRC). Your local assessor can show you how to find these forms in their office. The green sheets and PRCs are all public records. Be really nice to the staff in the courthouse and you’ll get anything you need. They may want to know why, you don’t have to tell them but I always do because I could use the free advertising.

Another way is to pay Realtor dues to join the local board of Realtors. Many boards allow membership to non-licensed persons. In some areas it gets kinda expensive so that may not be the route you want to take right now.

Just my $0.02,
Randy