Looking for help from Steve, WA - Posted by Adam, WA

Posted by Steve-WA on October 04, 2003 at 23:50:21:

Looking forward to meeting you and your wife. Find me here, or email me after you return and are resettled.

I would enjoy helping you to get your start!

Ex-bubblehead myself - proud of you for keeping us free. Thanks.

Looking for help from Steve, WA - Posted by Adam, WA

Posted by Adam, WA on October 03, 2003 at 23:51:42:

Thank you in advance for any help that you can extend me. I am interested in getting started with mobile home investing in the great state of Washington. Although I am a bit confused on several points. I currently have money to invest and would like to get started as early as december, but I want to do this right the first time. I am having trouble getting a direct answer. My first question is exactly what is required for me to legally start buying and selling mobile homes in Washington? I have been researching the requirements of a business license and a mobile home dealers license? Am I required to get the above licenses, if I am planning on doing up to 12 deals a year?
Again I am greatly appreciative of any help you are willing to provide.

when the student is ready . . . - Posted by Steve-WA

Posted by Steve-WA on October 04, 2003 at 09:35:25:

. . . here I am!

Welcome, Adam, Wa.

“. . . exactly what is required for me to legally start buying and selling mobile homes in Washington?”

***** Nothing. In fact, I recommend that you don’t run out and get all the licensing bases covered yet. What if it doesn’t fit you? What if you find that it is not worth the time or money you invest? You can legally do 4 deals a year without being licensed - do that first. If you want to pursue it further, then you will need a Master Business License and a Dealer’s License . . . or, find other names under which to buy another four MHs.

Ron Starr and JohnBoy on the main board have composed posts/articles on this site about how to prepare oneself to get started in REI. Lonnie covers it somewhat in DOW. . . hhmmm . . .

I have answered your questions, and I will give a little more info in a follow-up stand alone post; so indulge me in telling me

where in WA you live?

I might enjoy the opportunity to get together. Perseverance to you.

s

Thank You for the info! - Posted by Adam, WA

Posted by Adam, WA on October 04, 2003 at 20:14:38:

Well Thank you so much Steve. My wife and I currently live in Oak Harbor. We have been researching REI for just about a year now and are at a point where we feel educated enough to jump into this fun and exciting business. I have read both “DOW” and “Making money with MB” along with plenty of other really good books. I appreciate the Washington specific info. I would love to get together some time and meet you. I have been unable to network with anyone, mainly due to the fact that I am currently forward deployed in Deigo Garcia. Although I will be back in the states in the beginning of December. Thank you again.