Looking for Private investors - Posted by Dave Cruz

Posted by Channel on March 24, 2006 at 13:40:14:

Dave,
It’s helpful to put together a portfolio of properties you have worked on. Even if it’s only a few, you can put pictures and a description of the financials in a little book for people to see. E-Mail version would be nice too. We have such a book that we use with property info as well as any accolades, letters of recommendation from our broker, awards, letters from clients, and executive summary of our business. In response to #3 from John, I am thinking of getting our company bonded. I don’t know how it works but it may be something that puts us over the top for investors.
P.S. Thanks very much John for putting me onto this site.
Best of luck with your investments.
P.P.S.
Oh. one more thing. We buy houses pre-foreclosure. We have a lender in town who was refinancing people before I could buy the house. Grrr. Very clever and very well funded. At first I was upset. Then I decided to find him and better service my clients by referring people to him if they were candidates for refi. Well guess what. Now his money guys are some of my money guys and any deals he can’t do, he refers to me. Synergy. Moral of the story: Find the guy in your town doing hard money loans to folks in foreclosure, show him your deal and see if he can help you. After all, you’re certainly a better risk than the guy in foreclosure and he is lending to them…

Rambling complete.
Channel

Looking for Private investors - Posted by Dave Cruz

Posted by Dave Cruz on March 21, 2006 at 02:30:24:

I’m looking for Private investors willing to lend money for down payment, purchasing homes or refinance.

Thanks
Dave
215-888-9741

Re: Looking for Private investors - Posted by John Corey

Posted by John Corey on March 21, 2006 at 05:48:06:

Dave,

Lets turn this into a useful discussion rather than just an ad.

1. Why should someone else put up the down payment and take all the financial risk?

2. What is the investor’s upside? What sort of terms were you thinking of offering?

3. How can you reduce or eliminate the possible loss of capital so that the investor is not taking all the financial risk?

4. What do you bring to the table in terms of skills, experience, and other details that will cause a partner to want to work with you? You want their money. What are you offering that the next RE investor is not offering?

John Corey