Looking for tax sales in north Louisiana - Posted by Joy Taylor

Posted by Bill H on August 07, 2003 at 20:17:29:

to the tax sales. I must admit I have done pretty well with them and will continue them. It’s tuff not having stopped up toilets, deadbeat tenants, bad checks and all that sort of thing. But…I’ll manage somehow.

Good Luck,

Bill H

PS: Good luck with your REAPS Meeting with JHyre. I used to belong to that group…years ago.

Looking for tax sales in north Louisiana - Posted by Joy Taylor

Posted by Joy Taylor on August 07, 2003 at 10:01:55:

I’m looking for help. I got the “Free and Clear” books/CD’s, but I’m trying to find out how can I get a hold of tax sales list in the area I live in (or the sorounding area) - Ouachita Parish, Louisiana.
Should I write to the Sheriff Office? and if so, what should I ask for?

Thanks,
Joy

Re: Looking for tax sales in north Louisiana - Posted by Mike

Posted by Mike on August 14, 2003 at 22:39:43:

Hi Joy,
I am in Ouachita Parish too…I’ve been buying tax lien certificates in Louisiana for about 3 years. Most all of the tax sales here in this part of Louisiana are held on Wednesdays in May and June. You can get specific dates from the tax assessor’s office in each parish. It’s gotten really competitive over the past couple of years and the bidding usually gets out of hand on the good properties…
Good luck!
Mike

Re: Looking for tax sales in north Louisiana - Posted by John Merchant

Posted by John Merchant on August 07, 2003 at 10:32:21:

“write” to the Sheriff?

Why wouldn’t you just drive over to the tax collector and talk to him/her, and ask your questions there? You can find out in just minutes how it’s done in LA.

Also, since you live so close to TX line, talk to the tax offices there, in the different counties, and find out when their tax auctions are held. TX is one of the best states for tax sales because of the interest you can make on your money,in the event the delinquent tax payer does redeem…25% in the first 12 months, 50% in the next 12. Hard to beat those numbers, and if he does NOT redeem you get the RE.

TX counties each do their own thing, as to when they schedule tax auctions, but a day’s work would net you lots of info on when each county’s sale is scheduled, how to get list of RE going to auction, etc.

John: You mean this is not like the… - Posted by Bill H

Posted by Bill H on August 07, 2003 at 18:10:41:

drive up window at McDonalds…I gotta get out and do some work on my own?

Bill H

Re: John: You mean this is not like the… - Posted by John Merchant

Posted by John Merchant on August 07, 2003 at 18:25:39:

Nope! This is much tastier. You can make some serious bucks on these tax sales, and that’ll buy lots of Big Macs. Or hush puppies & gumbo,