Looking for the Right program - Posted by Kirk

Posted by Jim Pasquini on February 09, 2000 at 17:43:41:

I have been through the training that The Wealth Institute provides. I think they do a bang up job. I prefer those teachers that actually work in the business rather than seminar gurus. I am going to their personal training session offered at the beginning of next month as more of a refresher, and to help take my business to the next level. I had lost focus on this aspect of the business and would like to pick it back up. It may be counter-current to work foreclosures, but I don’t see it that way. There is equity in many of the properties now. Even though there may be fewer of them, I think there is at least as many deals. Also, too many people think foreclosures equal buying REO’s from the bank. There is a skill, or maybe an art, to buying from the homeowner in pre-foreclosure. In any event, their site is located at http://www.foreclosures.com/ .

I heard Bruce Norris speak at the LAREIC last night. That guy seems to have it all together. The one thing I can say about his teachings is they may be more geared towards a little more advanced investor. He doesn’t just talk about one thing or buying method. I am sorry I don’t have a link for you. I have never visited his website.

JP offers courses from Wright Thurston, Ron LeGrand, and Joe Kaiser on this site. I haven’t experienced any of these three personally save what I have seen from Joe Kaiser on this and one other news group. Joe Kaiser does have his own site at http://www.nothingdown.com/ if you want to learn more about what he does. You might ask around on the board about the other two for feedback.

I personally am here in Southern California, specifically in Ventura county. Of what I have been exposed to, the information that has been most valuable to me has been from Tim and Alexis McGee from The Wealth Institute and from Bill Gatten at North American Real Estate Services with his PACTrust.

Looking for the Right program - Posted by Kirk

Posted by Kirk on February 07, 2000 at 15:20:28:

I have a considerable amount of capitol as well as a basic understanding of construction. I’m well educated but I have little knowledge about real estate. With the stock market being flat these days I’ve turned my attention to real estate but would really like to educate myself before plunging in. Can anyone suggest a good course or seminar for my situation?

Re: Looking for the Right program - Posted by Jim Pasquini

Posted by Jim Pasquini on February 09, 2000 at 13:15:15:

Sounds to me like purchasing foreclosures and/or rehabs may be something you are suited for. Two that I am familiar with are from The Wealth Institute and Bruce Norris’ program. These investors are both California based. Anything you learned may have to be adjusted to your locale, but the underlying principles are likely the same. JP probably has some applicable courses in her bag of tricks here on this site. I’d suggest you look those over as well. You may want to read the success stories section here to see if any of them strike a cord with you. Good luck.

Re: Looking for the Right program - Posted by Kirk

Posted by Kirk on February 09, 2000 at 17:05:19:

Thanks Jim! That is the direction I’ve been leaning. Do you have experience with these programs? Links? What state do you work out of and what works best for you?