Looking for Trustees - Posted by Jim Locker

Posted by Tony-VA on July 10, 2002 at 16:34:45:

John would be a great candidate in my opinion. You would have a lawyer who understand what it is you are doing saving you the headache of trying to explain all this to an Non-REI based attorney or friend. He has the attorney client privilege thing going that he can use when/if ever contacted by someone noising around. He will not be intimidated by attempts to have the beneficiary disclosed. Not to mention he is a tax attorney and can help with those last minute questions that seem to come up at years end.

Shoot him an email or post at the Legal Forum here and see what he thinks. It might work well for both of you.

I don’t know if he offers such a service at this time or not but it would seem like a perfect match.

Tony-VA

Looking for Trustees - Posted by Jim Locker

Posted by Jim Locker on July 10, 2002 at 16:01:20:

I am going to be setting up some land trusts to provide some protection for my properties and some anonymity for myself. Does anyone know of any “Trustee pools” that I could join? Anyone want to exchange trusteeship on properties?

Re: Looking for Trustees - Posted by David Krulac

Posted by David Krulac on July 12, 2002 at 19:59:46:

Jim,

I would think that you would want somebody that you know well, like a relative, somebody who lives in your state, and probably has a surname or maiden name different from your surname.

An out of state stranger would not be good as the trustee has lots of power, which could be improperly used.

David Krulac
Central Pennsylvania