looking to flip some properties...Help!!!!! - Posted by barnabey Pierre

Posted by shelly on May 15, 2006 at 11:12:24:

not all of us are like that.what state is your property located in.have you tried listing them,or maybe hold an auction?

looking to flip some properties…Help!!! - Posted by barnabey Pierre

Posted by barnabey Pierre on May 14, 2006 at 11:54:25:

first of all let me begin by saying happy mother’s day to all the mothers and future mothers, may this day bring peace and prosperity to you all. OK well im a new investor in the miami florida area and im looking to flip a few properties i have under contract. I tried dealing with those “we buy houses” people but it hasn’t gone very well (managed to do 3 flips thru them but it was a stressful process) Does anyone know of any other sources for potential flips?? Please help!!! thank you in advance.

Re: looking to flip some properties…Help!!! - Posted by dutch

Posted by dutch on May 15, 2006 at 07:58:17:

Please explain “stressful process” and “hasn’t gone very well”.

You can flip to anybody that wants to buy. You can flip to retail buyers, but they 1) rarely have cash and 2) don’t understand the process. What they don’t understand they will not do. 3) Realtors. see #2.

Who else buys houses?

Dutch
OKHomesavers

Re: looking to flip some properties…Help!!! - Posted by barnabey Pierre

Posted by barnabey Pierre on May 15, 2006 at 08:19:43:

thank you Dutch for replying to my post. By “stressful process” i mean alot of run around. I had this guy i was dealing with that tried to go behing my back and try to strike a deal with the home owner behind my back. He told her to wait for my contract to expire, not allow me to extend it and he would pay her 3000 more than what i had her locked at. The other ones tried similar tactics and waiting till the last minute to try and bring my fee way lower than what i offered

Re: looking to flip some properties…Help!!! - Posted by Eric (MI)

Posted by Eric (MI) on May 15, 2006 at 18:28:16:

I had a similiar experience but that is definitely the exception and not the norm. There is always those who’s greed glands are over active. For instance, if that guy was willing to spend an extra $3000 it seems it would have been faster and easier just to give you the 3 grand.

The best sources I have seen are the classified ad section of the paper and real estate investing clubs.

Re: looking to flip some properties…Help!!! - Posted by Tim

Posted by Tim on May 15, 2006 at 18:14:04:

You could try to record your contract, and cloud the title. That way the other guy couldn’t close with the seller.

Re: looking to flip some properties…Help!!! - Posted by dutch

Posted by dutch on May 15, 2006 at 14:16:03:

Never, EVER do business with anyone that went around you or tried to. Sorry, but there are bad apples in every barrel. But not all of them are bad.

Best of luck.

Dutch
OKHomesavers