Looks like I am going to get a catbox! - Posted by Gavin Wilkinson

Posted by Anne_ND on August 08, 2003 at 17:40:45:

Steve,

I’m delighted to think I’m asking too little for my homes- I’ve been pricing them lower because of their age and because I’m trying to retire from fixing trailers.

Our rental market is extremely tight- these will sell fast if I get them for sale before the university semester starts.

What would you recommend for a 1970 3/2 in good condition, all appliances (I will put in new floors, this one has 18 cats right now)?

How about a 1974 2/1 in excellent conditon (totally new subfloors, all new appliances, 2 sheds, new windows, etc)?

thanks for the nudge,

Anne

Looks like I am going to get a catbox! - Posted by Gavin Wilkinson

Posted by Gavin Wilkinson on August 07, 2003 at 15:49:11:

I have a tennant in my park that had alot of cats in his trailer and never cleaned up after them. Its really bad.

Is it worth saving this early 1970’s trailer. I think its not worth the effort. You would have to paint everything, ceiling, floor and walls several times, then do new carpet, then ??? And after all this effort you would have a trailer worth what…3000??? And it might still stink.

The alternative is to try to sue the owner to cover the costs to demolish it and remove it. That might be several thousand dollars here in California$$.

Anyone want a Lonnie deal on a catbox? Probably can get it for nothing?

Re: Looks like I am going to get a catbox! - Posted by Anne_ND

Posted by Anne_ND on August 08, 2003 at 17:15:23:

Gavin,

I sold a 1972 3/1 for $8500 with financing. If you can get this for free and replace the floors, perhaps you can sell with financing for $6000 depending on what other amenities it has (entryway, shed, AC, etc). I can get all new floors/carpet/lino installed for less than $2000.

good luck,

Anne

Re: Looks like I am going to get a catbox! - Posted by Rod - Mo

Posted by Rod - Mo on August 07, 2003 at 20:38:53:

Gavin,
I recently completed a deal on a '75 that had a bad smokers stench on top of 7 years of accumulated grease in the kitchen. Oil based Kilz, not the latex stuff, will seal the smell along with stains. If you are going to do the work, seal the floor as well. I started that process but before I finished the kitchen a buyer asked me to stop working on it and bought it for $4600. Cater to the handymen and you will probably be able to sell it to someone who is needs an inexpensive place quick and is willing to do the work. Shouldn’t take much advertising money to find out.

Rod

Re: Looks like I am going to get a catbox! - Posted by Don Dion

Posted by Don Dion on August 07, 2003 at 16:32:33:

Donate the trailer to a church or salvation army and take the tax write off!!

too low, Anne :wink: - Posted by Steve-WA

Posted by Steve-WA on August 08, 2003 at 17:16:36:

:wink: