Mail/contact software - Posted by Greg

Posted by Jim Locker on January 13, 2001 at 09:38:26:

Speaking personally, I don’t like special purpose programs like that. They turn out to be very limiting.

I use a general purpose relational database for all that sort of thing. Flexible, changeable, configurable. Of course, you have to learn how to use a database. But then, once you have learned, you find you can do just about anything with them - and you find that you are no longer interested in any of these special purpose database-like programs that automate simple functions and don’t connect to each other.

For instance, I don’t use Quicken or QuickBooks. Databases give me a lot more power than either of those, and I can integrate (if needed) any other data from any other source.

For a number of reasons, I like Superbase www.superbase.com. I am a value added reseller and could sell you the personal version for around $100.

You might also like Microsoft Access, which is more commonly used and would do everything you need. Also, of course, there is Paradox, dBase, FoxBase, and so forth.

Just MHO of course.

Mail/contact software - Posted by Greg

Posted by Greg on January 13, 2001 at 09:09:03:

Hi all

What are your suggestions for a software program that has a address book, contact manager, and can print out the envelopes/labels & postcards.

Freeware or shareware?

Thxs
Greg