Mailboxes ETC Feedback.. - Posted by Mark (SDCA)

Posted by David Alexander on February 05, 2000 at 12:28:47:

I’ll look it up again. Stacy, The scary thing is I own one of these businesses. Just bought it Dec 3, of last year, a little mom and pop version.

I’ll check again, maybe I read it wrong, was mainly concerned with the order.

Currently the reg isnt supposed to be in effect but my mail from the bank keeps getting returned.

Who Knows?

David Alexander

Mailboxes ETC Feedback… - Posted by Mark (SDCA)

Posted by Mark (SDCA) on February 04, 2000 at 10:46:46:

Anyone using MBE as your business address?? How is it working for you?? I have totally had it with the USPO RTS’ing mail sent to my PO Box. It’s time for a change.

Thanks for your feedback,

Mark

Re: Mailboxes ETC Feedback… - Posted by Rob FL

Posted by Rob FL on February 04, 2000 at 14:02:11:

One of my favorite subjects. The US Postal Service needs to be privatized in my opinion. Time to fire some of these high-paid mornic bureaucrats once and for all.

Anyway, I love Mailboxes Etc. especially after using a PO Box for several years. There is some controversy over using Suite vs. PMB. Read over the whole ordeal at www.postalwatch.org.

One of the benefits I like is that several of my tenants like to drop payments off to me. Now instead of letting them come to my house or meeting them somewhere, I just give my tenants a map when they sign the lease and tell them if they really need to come by, they can go by MBE with an envelope and drop their checks off right there. Ask the proprieter first of course.

Re: Mailboxes ETC Feedback… - Posted by Chris

Posted by Chris on February 04, 2000 at 11:29:12:

Hi Mark-

There was a post recently about some change in the law (Rob FL is aware of it and might be of assistance) regarding these MBE type businesses disclosing that this is not an actual business address and that it is a mail pickup location.

I wish I remembered the details- a MBE should have the scoop on what it entails. I remember that the law got passed, although out of 40+ groups who testified to congress only 2 were in favor.

-Chris

Re: Mailboxes ETC Feedback… - Posted by TomC - Md

Posted by TomC - Md on February 04, 2000 at 10:59:04:

I used to use a local version of the Mailboxes ETC. for a business address. What I liked about it was that it was on the side of a nice office building and that I was able to get an address in a high-rent area for cheap ($15/mo).

And the owner had no problem with me using “Suite 302” on all my correspondence. So unless somebody actually got in their car and drove to the building, went into the lobby, they would have no idea I wasn’t really there, since it appeared that was where the office was.

Hw would also sign for UPS shipments and other stuff for a fee of $1 per package/item. Very good service!

TomC

Re: Mailboxes ETC Feedback… - Posted by steph in tex

Posted by steph in tex on February 04, 2000 at 10:57:26:

Hi Mark
i use post net.
i have no problems at all. we are on a first name basis and they know the whole scoop. they hold stuff for me, sign for cert mail, everything. even if my box number is not on the envelope- i still get my mail!
i love 'em.
steph in tex

Re: You Can’t Use “Suite nnn” Anymore - Posted by richk (OR)

Posted by richk (OR) on February 04, 2000 at 12:05:10:

Postal regulations now say you have to use “PMB nnn” (Private Mail Box). I wish I could use suite, but there are still advantages: the location is closer to me than the Post Office and I can call the vendor to ask if there is mail in the box rather than taking a trip down. Plus it is a street address, so I can have FedEx/UPS etc deliver there if I want.

Actually No… - Posted by David Alexander

Posted by David Alexander on February 04, 2000 at 14:52:06:

The PMB Rule was beat, at least partially. You have to Put the # sign in fron of your box number.

Read something like this.

John Smith
3333 Anywhere ave.
Suite 111 #222
Anytown, Anystate 99999

I’ve seen it said addressed this way and that, so I dont know what the final will be, but the PMB designation doesnt have to stay.

The regulation takes effect April, 26th.

David Alexander

Re: Can’t use Suite… - Posted by Stacy (AZ)

Posted by Stacy (AZ) on February 05, 2000 at 11:22:22:

I just signed a one year lease at MBE yesterday. I asked about using Suite, and the proprietor told me I couldn’t use it. He handed me a paper that had the two ways to address the box:

MY NAME OR BUSINESS
610 E. BELL RD. #2-321

You’re right… - Posted by David Alexander

Posted by David Alexander on February 06, 2000 at 10:20:54:

Says you cant use suite anymore… must use PMB or the # sign. Doesnt take affect until april 26th.

David Alexander