Mailing lists for absentee owners - Posted by Mike

Posted by Brad Crouch on July 10, 2003 at 11:58:25:

Bill,

I appreciate the update and I offer my congratulations on your new position. I’m sure we will be working together in the near future.

Great to see you back here!

Take care,

Brad

Mailing lists for absentee owners - Posted by Mike

Posted by Mike on July 08, 2003 at 20:03:06:

Hi.

I’ve been looking into getting mailing lists for targeted direct mail. I checked out Dataquick, FARES and SiteXdata. All are comparible in price (for my area - around $100/month). This seems a bit pricey for what I need. I just want to mail to 500 or so absentee owners per month. Are there mailing list brokers out there that will just sell a list such as this on an as-needed basis?

Thanks.

Re: Mailing lists for absentee owners - Posted by Paul

Posted by Paul on July 09, 2003 at 13:05:45:

Hello Mike.
I just got my first list from a local title co. No charge, and they will give me 3,000 at a time. They can even provide phone numbers for most, property address as well as out of state or primary residence. They will also print mailing lables. Can’t beat it.
They just expect you to use them for your title service.
You may need to talk to a few to find the right one, but you will find one that will work with you.

Best wishes,
Paul

Re: Mailing lists for absentee owners - Posted by William L. Exeter

Posted by William L. Exeter on July 09, 2003 at 24:23:49:

Hey Brad, long time no talk to! :slight_smile:

Brad is right on the money. Contact your local title insurance company and ask for their customer service or farm list department. You can tell them exactly what you are looking for such as non-owner occupied, $500K and above in specific zip codes, counties, etc. More and more title insurance companies are requiring a relationship in order to do this, so you might want to pick a local title insurance company and develop a relationship with them right up front. We can provide a reference in certain areas, so feel free to email me your area.

Hope this helps.

Bill Exeter
Diversified Exchange Corporation

Re: Mailing lists for absentee owners - Posted by Brad Crouch

Posted by Brad Crouch on July 08, 2003 at 20:57:17:

Mike,

Try a title company. They will usually give you a list for free. It helps if you use their companys services when you find a seller.

Brad

Posted by Brad Crouch on July 09, 2003 at 13:59:45:

Hi Bill,

This looks like a new company for you, to me. I am curious as to what your company does, primarily. It looks like you are involved with “exchanges” (10 31, starker, etc.). Is that assumption correct?

Do you also provide title insurance or escrow services?

> We can provide a reference in certain areas, so feel
> free to email me your area.

Does this mean that you can furnish “farm lists”?

Please let us know what you are doing these days.

Brad

Re: Mailing lists for absentee owners - Posted by Dwayne

Posted by Dwayne on July 09, 2003 at 24:35:26:

What is a absentee owner?

Re: Mailing lists for absentee owners - Posted by William L. Exeter

Posted by William L. Exeter on July 09, 2003 at 19:21:41:

Hi Brad,

Yes, it is a relatively new company for me. I joined them a little over a year ago to build their 1031 exchange group national and to start-up a new self-directed ira group and a trust company.

Diversified Holding Corporation owns Diversified Title Insurance Company, Diversified Title and Escrow Services Company, Diversified Exchange Corporation, Diversified Reverse Exchange Corporation, Diversified Retirement Services Corporation and Preferred Group.

We provide title insurance and escrow services to Southern California (soon Northern California and Texas), 1031 exchange services (forward, reverse and build-to-suit strategies) to all 50 states, and self-directed IRAs to all 50 states.

That’s a quick snap shot, and we would love to work with you. We do provide farm lists as long as the client is using our title, escrow and/or 1031 exchange services.

Hope to work with you soon.

Bill Exeter
Diversified Exchange Corporation

Posted by Brad Crouch on July 09, 2003 at 12:38:38:

Dwayne,

Some one who owns property in one area but actually lives in another area. Those properties are generally rentals.

Brad