Mailing Lists? - Posted by LeonNC

Posted by JoeB(Atlanta) on April 06, 2000 at 12:00:37:

Hi Maggie, you can get mailing lists (as long as not too too many search criteria)online off infousa’s site:
http://www.infousa.com/homesite/index.html

or use the yellow pages, or search rest of internet.

Best of success,
Joe Brillante

Mailing Lists? - Posted by LeonNC

Posted by LeonNC on April 05, 2000 at 12:49:30:

I’m trying to figure out where to spend my marketing money and hoping to get some input from ya’ll. I’m looking to do some postcard mailouts other then the classifieds I’m using now. I can get a cd rom of a nearby county or I was thinking that some targeted mailing lists might be a good idea. What do you think? What kind of lists have you had success with? Thanks for the help.

LeonNC

Re: Mailing Lists? - Posted by JoeB(Atlanta)

Posted by JoeB(Atlanta) on April 06, 2000 at 06:24:00:

Hi Leon, targeted mailing lists have worked very well for us, but you’ve got to ‘profile’ the typical seller that you’ve been getting deals from.

Is that seller usually: old? young? certain race? nationality? income level? have xx kids? own xx cars?

Is house usually: paid for? built in years xxx-yyy? 2br? 3br? located in neighborhoods xxx and yyy?

So you’ve got to profile the past deals you’ve done looking for a pattern, or if you haven’t done that many deals yet look for the obvious (ie if you’re flipping, look for old homes in decent or revitalizing neighborhoods).

Then call a list broker and buy that list (yes, it’s scary how specific you can get when ordering a list).

Best of success,
Joe Brillante

Re: Mailing Lists? - Posted by Ed Copp (OH)

Posted by Ed Copp (OH) on April 05, 2000 at 20:31:28:

Leon, The best mailing list that I can think of would be made up of my prospects. That would be everyone that I had approached concerning a transaction, potential sellers, tired landlords, owners of vacant houses and etc. Build up your own list and keep mailing the same list over and over again. Did you ever notice how often you bought something , lets say on the tenth time you saw it rather than the first time you saw it? Repeat the mailings every few weeks (or every few days), and follow up other ways (phone etc.). This is the way I would do it…ED

Re: Mailing Lists? - Posted by Maggie

Posted by Maggie on April 06, 2000 at 09:44:28:

Joe,
Where could a list broker be found? Yellow pages, search engine through entry of “list broker”?
Thanks for any info., I’m interested, too.
Maggie