Maintenance - Posted by Marlon D. Briggs

Posted by Stacy (AZ) on December 16, 1998 at 12:27:17:

The term is “tenants and toilets” (the reason I stopped being a landlord). You can still make money owning income property and contracting the maintenance, but it hurts your cash-flow, and makes it very important to buy very low and find good contractors.

There are other ways to make money in RE investing which don’t require the “T&T” hassles. Lease options, buying and selling rather than holding, flipping, rehabs, buying and improving “notes” (my current area of focus) are a few. Keep reading this News Group and News Group 1, all the “how-to” and “success stories”, and don’t forget the “Cash Flow Forum”. I would also highly recommend that you and your wife attend the CREO convention. You will get solid exposure to a wide variety of REI “niches”, and will be more able to select one that you feel fits your goals. You don’t have to be a landlord (thank goodness).

Stacy

Maintenance - Posted by Marlon D. Briggs

Posted by Marlon D. Briggs on December 16, 1998 at 08:55:13:

My wife and I would like to get involved in RE investing. However, neither of us are skilled in the area of home repair and maintenance. Are these necessary skills to have in order to become a successful investor? Is the bulk of an investors time spent making repairs on their rentals?

We both would not only like to purchase our first home, but acquire income property as well. What sage advice can you provide to the aforementioned questions?

Thanks
Marlon