Making cash offers question - Posted by Kelley

Posted by Kelley on September 22, 2004 at 16:55:30:

LOL Tim I hope not,well I did make my offer today and will hopefully know tomorrow if it will be accepted. If we need to we are going to stay there in that spot for a couple of moths until we can afford to move it onto another lot which is great. Man I really hope I get this place. Thank for everyone that has given advice to me on this…Another thing is, that this land does come with thoe offer, and when we do move off of it we are going to rent the lot for someone else to put their trailers on. Around here a cheap trailer lot runs around 80 to 100 dollars a month. To think I will have no house payments and income coming in every month to pay misc. bills that I may have…thanks all

Making cash offers question - Posted by Kelley

Posted by Kelley on September 21, 2004 at 08:56:39:

Hi, I live in SC and am about to make a cash offer on a mobile home. The home is priced at $24,900. Im going to offer $15,000 because of the area its in and the damages that has been done since it has been sitting there empty for 2 years. What are the chances that the bank will go down to my offered price. Does anyone know how much of a discount banks give on homes if you are paying cash. Any advice would be great…

Re: Making cash offers question - Posted by ~~Beachboy-GA.

Posted by ~~Beachboy-GA. on September 21, 2004 at 13:46:40:

mobile homes are something banks hate… If it has been sitting empty for 2 yrs. I would not offer 15… maybe $5K.does the land go with it??if not maybe $4K.they dont want to have to move it… I have bought several mobiles off banks… am currently rehabbing one I bought earlier this year… at my price…

Re: Making cash offers question - Posted by Kelley

Posted by Kelley on September 21, 2004 at 14:21:44:

Hi, the land does come with it. The home is about 3 years old, but it sits in the middle of crack town, major drugs in the area,a few yards away from train track. But it is a beautiful home it is 5 br 2 bath. You think 15k is too much to offer?

Re: Making cash offers question - Posted by Tarheel T

Posted by Tarheel T on September 21, 2004 at 17:16:05:

Kelly, I believe that you are on the right track pursuing bank owned mobiles with the land included.
I have been able to get some excellent deals this way.
In my area (Western NC) $15,000 for a fixable, rentable mh and land would be a good deal. The only thing that bothers me with your deal is your description of the location. Could you rent the home and expect to get people who would be happy to live there? If not there are likely numerous other opportunites that will arise in the near future.

You seem persistant and that is a great quality.

Re: Making cash offers question - Posted by Kelley

Posted by Kelley on September 21, 2004 at 19:05:09:

Yes I am very persistant but this home itself is one that I want for myself. It is beautiful. But it has some roof damage that can be fixed, so hopefully if all goes well, Im going to make my offer tomorrow and well see how it goes,keep your fingers crossed for me lol

Re: Making cash offers question - Posted by JP(SC)

Posted by JP(SC) on September 22, 2004 at 06:02:45:

Do yourself a favor and at least start lower than $15k. You can always raise your offer later. I wouldn’t offer more than 3-5k initially. If you offer $15k, you may not know it but the guy on the other end of the phone will be doing back flips. (This generally means you paid too much)

Re: Making cash offers question - Posted by Tim

Posted by Tim on September 22, 2004 at 07:17:02:

I have lived near a train track before, after a couple months you don’t notice the train going by. However, if their is a crossing near by, you will NEVER get used to the whistle. If it really is crack town, you won’t have to worry about your knick knacks getting vibrated off your furniture when the train goes by. Every time you go to work the locals will considerately remove any small items.