Making Sure Owner Sees Bid? - Posted by matt

Posted by Nate(DC) on July 21, 2002 at 22:54:02:

Most serious agents will laugh at that clause. I would suggest that what you really do is to ask that if the seller rejects your offer that you get back a written statement signed by the seller to that effect.

Just out of curiosity, why do you not think your offers are reaching the seller?

NT

Making Sure Owner Sees Bid? - Posted by matt

Posted by matt on July 21, 2002 at 12:02:11:

Here’s another situation that I’m encountering.

I have made a number of bids on some houses for asking price. Without going into all of the details, I think that the listing realtor is not presenting the offers to the owner of the house, which as far as I know is illegal.

Does anyone have an idea how I can make sure that the owners of the houses are getting the offers? The only idea I have is that I ask the listing realtor to have the seller contact me. I don’t think that is going to happen, so do any of you have other ideas?

Regards,
Matt

Re: Making Sure Owner Sees Bid? - Posted by Scott (CO)

Posted by Scott (CO) on July 21, 2002 at 12:21:09:

Just write into the addendum to the Purchase Agreement, that you must be present when the offer is presented to the seller.

“RIGHT TO BE PRESENT: Buyer reserves the right to be present upon presentation of this offer to the seller and during any and all negotiations that may ensue.”

Hope this helps.

• Scott