Manfactured housing - Posted by Brandon Tinder

Posted by Dirk Roach on December 16, 2000 at 11:38:43:

hope that helps,
Dirk

Manfactured housing - Posted by Brandon Tinder

Posted by Brandon Tinder on December 15, 2000 at 09:49:16:

I am training as a salesman for used and new Manufactured Homes. We sell both the Hud and Boca code homes. When I am talking to someone what is the best way to distinguish between these two other than using hud and boca.

Sales, selling and finally Sold - Posted by Dirk Roach

Posted by Dirk Roach on December 16, 2000 at 11:49:15:

Hi Brandon,
Selling like anything is an acquired art. It also something that you get better and better at the more you do it.
As any good sales person knows a good arsenal of facts and figures about whatever it is your selling can be a great asset.
However even that tool must be wielded with a certain amount of caution.
We have all been there when that fatal moment of too much occurs. The buyer’s eyes begin to glaze over and their body starts that unconscious swaying thing. While all we want to do is merely establish that they should trust us because we know obviously know what the heck we are talking about.
I mean you can dazzle them with your knowledge of BOCA, saying that for the past 85 years they have been actively in the business of developing building and construction codes while HCD …blah, blah, blah.
But in my personal opinion the salesman who goes on and on, is the greeny and often times a weak sales person.
In sales (of anything really) the single most important thing to do is to establish needs. (And no not your need to make the sale…lol) Once you have that information, you can let the product sell itself, because obviously you are only going to guide the buyer into a product/service that will accommodate those needs.
Anyhow those are my thoughts,
Dirk

Re: Manfactured housing - Posted by CC

Posted by CC on December 16, 2000 at 09:08:38:

I don’t even know what a Boca is.