Many Buddies....Much Support! Thank you!!!!!!!!!! - Posted by Michelle

Posted by michelle on May 15, 2000 at 11:11:02:

Blane…

Thanks for the comments and congratulations on your first sale!

My husband isn’t a bad guy either; he’s just “Poor Dad”…have you read Rich Dad, Poor Dad? I just got it this weekend and it is a great book!

My “Poor Dad” just needs education and an example (a successful sale) to show him the benefits of what I want to do.

Anyway, thanks again for the support and good luck with your next deal.

Michelle

Many Buddies…Much Support! Thank you!!! - Posted by Michelle

Posted by Michelle on May 12, 2000 at 10:20:40:

I want to thank everybody that responded to my plea for moral support and advice regarding my “possible” Lonnie deal. You guys are the best!

Chin up, forge ahead, do that deal! I’m posting this on my fridge. My goal is one deal a month for the next year!

I will not be poo-poohed! I know there is money to be made here.

Thanks again…I’ll keep you all posted on my progress. :slight_smile:

Michelle

Re: Many Buddies…Much Support! Thank you!!! - Posted by Blane (MI)

Posted by Blane (MI) on May 15, 2000 at 08:52:44:

Hi Michelle,

Please allow me to weigh in too. Anytime you need moral support just come here. Many others have been through what you’re going through, and you can make it too. Just closed my first deal and went through many of the things you’re about to (I hope you don’t though).

Do what Tony says and prepare yourself when things don’t go right. Don’t panic if (when) you have to pay lot rent. Make sure you cover all possible holding costs (utilities, lot rent, insurance etc.). And don’t let your husband’s negativity get you down. On this home I just sold, held it almost 3 months. Made 3 lot rent payments. Didn’t have much luck advertising. Got real discouraged. Everyone thinks I’m nuts. All my wife had to say was “geez, this business is just costing us money,” or “exactly when is money going to start COMING IN?”, and other confidence builders. I don’t blame her, she grew up in a union family where the JOB and benefits were very important. I’m dragging her out of her comfort zone and she doesn’t like it. Even when I came home Thursday and showed her $1700 in $100 bills and explained the payment plan and yield, her response? “The money means nothing to me if I can’t touch it.” Excuse me?

In all fairness to my wife (she really is great, just needs to learn) she’s slowly coming around. We went to a nice restaurant Sat. night to celebrate the deal and Mother’s Day and she had some ideas about making the business run better. So at least the seed is planted in her mind. Once your hubby sees your success, I think he’ll do the same. If he doesn’t, that’s his problem. It’s your life, and if you can be successful and take care of your family with this, then do it. And keep coming here for support and to detail your success.

Hope this helps,

Blane